Where can I rent a stable for my horse in Sheffield?

Hi, getting a new horse, but needing to rent stable & field for him, could anyone please help me? Thankyou, would be great help:-) if anyone ones anyone with stable to rent would be amazing:) thankyou

I have a stable, but the horse would need to be stabled until April so I'm told, don't no much about horses. I have great hack but my fieldis too wet at mo.

---------- Post added 23-11-2013 at 21:23 ----------

Ps I'm in s35 wharncliffe side

That'll be fine, ad my horse is new that I'm getting tomorrow, just need some where for him today, thanks. Anychance you've git one? How much thanks? X

Demi545 I have 2 stables empty. They are 125 per month on full diy. hope this helps.

I wouldn't dream of keeping a horse in a stable full-time for months on end, unless I could guarantee 3 hours + exercise a day, and lots of other enrichment. They are social plains dwellers, not solitary cave dwellers. It's as cruel in my opinion as keeping a big cat in a barren concrete cage just big enough for them to turn round.

I no of stables available in s13 pm me for info

I am with you Newbiz that is horrendous. How cruel to keep a horse in until April. Please do not rent out your stable, they are herd animals and need as much time out as possible, to remain well both mentally and physically. Lets call stables cages, or cells and see what effect that has! gross. Besides 125 per month per stable with no grazing is downright ridiculous.

I am with you Newbiz that is horrendous. How cruel to keep a horse in until April. Please do not rent out your stable, they are herd animals and need as much time out as possible, to remain well both mentally and physically. Lets call stables cages, or cells and see what effect that has! gross. Besides 125 per month per stable with no grazing is downright ridiculous.

There is a large "professional" yard just opened near Barlborough, who insist on exactly the same thing. You can turn the horse out in a chipped area whilst mucking out, then back into the stable.

That is terrible.. what yard is this? They need welfare to step in. Disgusting. If people locked dogs and cats in a box big enough to just turn around in, 24 7 for months on end they would be prosecuted. Boils my pee and any owners who allow this to happen, are equally as bad as those who enforce this on their yards. Sick and greedy.

Nice to know I'm not just a lone voice on here. Mine are out pretty much 24/7 365 days a year, and they are happier, more balanced individuals as a result.

Nice to know I'm not just a lone voice on here. Mine are out pretty much 24/7 365 days a year, and they are happier, more balanced individuals as a result.

The problem is with livery yards, the animals damage the grazing land so come summer there's no summer feed.

The problem is with livery yards, the animals damage the grazing land so come summer there's no summer feed.

The land recovers incredibly quickly. Until Feb this year, when sadly I lost my lovely old mare of 32 yrs, I had 3 horses on a little over 3 acres. I now have too much grazing for 2 and will be feeding nothing but grass until well into Jan. When they come off the grass, any poached land will be back to health within a couple of months max, so lush again by mid April/May at the latest.

I think the 'damage' done to grassland is an excuse all too often for livery yards to justify high winter prices/high sales of straw, hay and other bedding.