Peak District knowledge needed!

I probably did know the answer to this but old age has helped me forget it. Why is there a cave on Stanage edge called Robin Hoods cave? I've been in it many times and always liked sitting on the little natural balcony bit.

I probably did know the answer to this but old age has helped me forget it. Why is there a cave on Stanage edge called Robin Hoods cave? I've been in it many times and always liked sitting on the little natural balcony bit.
There are quite a few references to Robin Hood in the Peak District. Robin Hood's well (quite a lot of them), Robin Hood's stride and Robin Hood's stoop........... and Robin Hood's crack. Yes, I know!! Edited by saxon51

There are quite a few references to Robin Hood in the Peak District. Robin Hood's well (quite a lot of them), Robin Hood's stride and Robin Hood's stoop........... and Robin Hood's crack. Yes, I know!!

Isn't Little John supposed to be buried at Hathersage?

Isn't Little John supposed to be buried at Hathersage?
'Supposed' to be. Probably just some big local but claimed as such for tourism purposes.

I read somewhere that the grave, head to foot, is a measurement - multiples thereof - used extensively when planning church buildings.