Sheffield's New Lord Mayor - Magid Magid

Lord Mayor must be 'mindful' over language - Council boss

Sheffield's Lord Mayor needs to be "mindful of the language he uses" on social media, according to the city council leader.

Julie Dore was speaking to the BBC about Magid Magid's recent Tweet featuring a letter he's sent to the Home Secretary Sajid Javid calling for an inquiry into Orgreave

Mr Magid starts the letter "Ey up Saj, S'upwiya?" and ends it "Gi'oer with your rubbish!"

Ms Dore says she understands the spirit of the letter, but says Mr Magid needs to approach it differently.

"I do think he need to be a little bit more mindful of his approach and the language that he uses."

"The way and the manner in which he presents it maybe just needs a bit of adaptation," she adds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-leeds-45055314?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5b69553a3c367b0681d26951%26Assault%20victim%20sought%20by%20police%20in%20Leeds%26&ns_fee=0#post_5b69553a3c367b0681d26951

She's one to talk isn't she?

Did you see that short documentary about the tree fellings when she firstly refused to stop and answer questions because she was "too busy" then when pressed she had a meltdown and screamed that the interviewer should be asking the police, not her.

Very professional Julie.

The man is a disgrace and an embarrassment to the city. The sooner he is gone the better.

Attention seeking clown .

The man is a disgrace and an embarrassment to the city. The sooner he is gone the better.

so are you...on every count :roll::help:

That made me laugh!

I had two browsers open and thought I was on the Little Tommy Robinson thread. When I saw your post I thought "OMG Penny has finally seen the light!" :D

so are you...on every count :roll::help:

Hold on a minute, Penny is NOT an attention seeking clown, but a tax-dodging patriot.

There’s a world difference Mel, do keep up.

Magid Magid isn't even his name. Apparently Mohammed wasn't good enough for him. He changed it to Magid Magid - I guess it suits his persona/posing better.

Magid Magid isn't even his name. Apparently Mohammed wasn't good enough for him. He changed it to Magid Magid - I guess it suits his persona/posing better.

Perhaps it was one better than Magic Magic? Or Magic Mike?

Why can't he change his name if he likes? Maurice Micklewhite recently legally changed his name to Michael Caine. He prefers the latter.

---------- Post added 09-08-2018 at 18:35 ----------

sometimes its for the wrong sort of things and as a lord mayor he should be promoting the city and the good things rather than his agenda/political beliefs/ladder to being a reality star.

You are aware it is possible to dislike a person for being a buffoon regardless of their sex/colour/ethnicity/religion?

He was on telly before he was Mayor.

Why can't he change his name if he likes? Maurice Micklewhite recently legally changed his name to Michael Caine. He prefers the latter.......

Not really.

He just got fed up with issues & delays at passport controls.

Can anyone tell me what his official role is ? Or what it’s supposed to be?

What sort of issues can be taken to him?

Thanks

Bill Stewardson.

Edited by stewybill

Can anyone tell me what is official told is ? Or what it’s supposed to be?

What sort of issues can be taken to him?

Thanks

Bill Stewardson.

Go and see one of your local Councillors if you have an issue.

The LM of Sheffield is purely ceremonial with some official Council business roles. Any matters sent to the LM will be transferred to your local councillor.