Emailing from Linux to Vista

I have a document on a linux machine, done in Office Libre, which I want to email to another computer which is Vista...can anyone tell me please how I do this? If it can't be done, would I be able to transfer it to a memory stick from Linux and use it in the vista one? This is propbaly a really daft question, but it's an important document and I really can't risk losing it. Many thnaks!

What GNU/Linux OS (distribution) are you using? You should only need to install Thunderbird for Linux to send it and it sets up the same way as in Windows - by that I mean email account set up.

I would do the following ( it is only a suggestion )

1) get a memory stick and on the Vista machine format it to fat32

2) On the LibreOffice machine connect the recently formatted memory stick

3) Launch Libre Office & load your precious document

4) From the menu of Libre Office select File, Export as.. , and export as a PDF to the memory stick.

5) Test the PDF file can be read on the Vista machine

6) Remove all the useful data from the Vista machine & scrap it!

Am I not daft in thinking to just open the browser, log in to your email and do it that way?

Am I not daft in thinking to just open the browser, log in to your email and do it that way?

D'OH! You got it in one! :cool:

My OH and I email/Skype/Discord/Dukto things between his various iterations of Linux and my various iterations of Windows, with no special preparation of either machine. It's not that hard, as long as you have the appropriate programs to read the files being sent, of course.

My OH and I email/Skype/Discord/Dukto things between his various iterations of Linux and my various iterations of Windows, with no special preparation of either machine. It's not that hard, as long as you have the appropriate programs to read the files being sent, of course.

Yep, email an attachment from a machine with one OS, to a machine with another, is trivial. The only issue I can see the OP running in to is being able to open the attachment, if it's say a custom Libre Office format? Maybe they'd need to install Libre Office on their Windows machine, or export to a format the Windows machine is happy with, before sending as an attachment.

Of course, many other options for sending a file from one machine to another, as mentioned, a usb drive, or a service like dropbox, or using a network shared drive. Loads of options!