Internet goes off when phone rings

One of my friends has an issue with all the electrics in her house, including the microwave, stopping the broadband working, and sometimes even the TV remote can cause a blip in downloads or connection. It's quite astonishing how flaky connections can be at times.

Hi swarfendor43, no I haven't had the opportunity as yet - its school hols and having to do the grandchildren care. When I get over their visit will have a go.

One of my friends has an issue with all the electrics in her house, including the microwave, stopping the broadband working, and sometimes even the TV remote can cause a blip in downloads or connection. It's quite astonishing how flaky connections can be at times.

Microwave I can see, TV remote, no, physically impossible unless the remote works via "2.4Ghz"

If youre on sky or any one similar thats using b. t. land line report it to to them who is supplying your broadband. Sky got b.t. outreach to come out to mine and they just put a new main box on that doesnt need any filters a 10min job . they just replace face of box i think and if youre handy you can buy them online under £20

If youre on sky or any one similar thats using b. t. land line report it to to them who is supplying your broadband. Sky got b.t. outreach to come out to mine and they just put a new main box on that doesnt need any filters a 10min job . they just replace face of box i think and if youre handy you can buy them online under £20

That will depend on ISP provision and local BT Network. When I upgraded to Medium speed broadband I fitted a new faceplate which avoided the use of filters from https://www.mymatevince.com/

Microwave I can see, TV remote, no, physically impossible unless the remote works via "2.4Ghz"

It's not just the microwave and TV remote, the oven does it too, and so does the vacuum cleaner. Things that I wouldn't think it was possible for there to be any interference from, but clearly when they're on, the internet isn't.

Whilst slightly off-topic I don't have a signal interference now as all the computers now use Powerlines - 1 Netgear system and 2 TPLink MIMO devices all with 'through plug' which means you can plug appliances in as the earlier versions did not have this facility - network and download speeds have improved considerably. :D

It's not just the microwave and TV remote, the oven does it too, and so does the vacuum cleaner. Things that I wouldn't think it was possible for there to be any interference from, but clearly when they're on, the internet isn't.

I'd be looking at something else tbh, Maybe the electrics of the property, if the vacuum cleaner interferes with it, and honestly, I really cannot see the TV remote doing it, as they use a totally different technology, (light, opposed to radio waves) - maybe it's the TV/something the TV is doing, and not the remote....

But either way.... i'd still be looking at the propertys electrics in that case...

I have fiddled around and at the moment its looking good, watch this space!!!

I took out all the extension things and went straight into the wall - added filters to both phone and router!!!!

---------- Post added 14-08-2018 at 09:48 ----------

Just to let you guys know problem seems to be solved. Put filters on both phone and router it seems to be working ok. Fingers crossed