The secret city centre post office

I am going to be furious if there is someone else in there when I next go in lol

Pmsl..walk in see a queue and scream....it's a secret P.O why are you people here?

You people better not start using my post office.

If there is a queue I'll never forgive you.

For those of you who are familiar with the royal mail office on bank street in the city centre, i have some sad news.

The lease for the office is coming to an end soon and its possible the office may close. Those of you who use it on a regular basis know its a vital outlet if you want to drop off business mail or post your letters and packets. For those of you who are unaware that it even exists, its a quick and convenient place to post your mail and buy stamps without the need to queue for ages in wilko's.

Over the next 2 weeks from july 30th a viability study will take place. Just to see how many people use it, the revenue it generates and how much business mail it takes.

So if you havn't used the office in a while or you're just curious about it, call in and post your mail or buy some stamps.

Its on bank street, opposite the job centre, just round the corner from argos

the office hours are

12 noon til 6.30pm monday to friday.

You can send

stamped or business mail

recorded and special delivery

all types of international mail including signed, tracked and recorded.

Its a cash only office so no card payments.

Fingers crossed

Used it many times, it has been a godsend when other options have not been possible.

Over the next 2 weeks from july 30th a viability study will take place. Just to see how many people use it, the revenue it generates and how much business mail it takes.

A viability study on a secret post office?? Isn't that a total waste of time?

For those of you who are familiar with the royal mail office on bank street in the city centre, i have some sad news.

The lease for the office is coming to an end soon and its possible the office may close. Those of you who use it on a regular basis know its a vital outlet if you want to drop off business mail or post your letters and packets. For those of you who are unaware that it even exists, its a quick and convenient place to post your mail and buy stamps without the need to queue for ages in wilko's.

So if you havn't used the office in a while or you're just curious about it, call in and post your mail or buy some stamps.

Its on bank street, opposite the job centre, just round the corner from argos

the office hours are

12 noon til 6.30pm monday to friday.

You can send

stamped or business mail

recorded and special delivery

all types of international mail including signed, tracked and recorded.

Its a cash only office so no card payments.

Fingers crossed

Hmmm... :huh:

... now if I was a cynical sort, I might think that it sounds like the decision has already been made...

... or maybe it's just a coincidence that they're doing a viability study on how much business mail it takes at the time when most workers will be on holiday. :suspect:

I have said this many times on line "we could all benefit from installing a post office in the moor market.

On 27/07/2018 at 17:16, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... now if I was a cynical sort, I might think that it sounds like the decision has already been made...

... or maybe it's just a coincidence that they're doing a viability study on how much business mail it takes at the time when most workers will be on holiday. :suspect:

Yes, sadly it appears this was correct and it has shut 😫

…….and the one on Bank Street's all shut up now too. Didn't know. Walked down from work and it's all boarded up. When did that happen?

However, the one discussed that's upstairs in Wilko's, got to say I was very impressed with one of the ladies working there. I was sending a card to a mate's son in Philadelphia. He's 14. I just asked, on the off-chance, if there was anything 'interesting' available stamp-wise, rather than just putting one of the bog-standard Queen's head on. She tried in the back, she tried every till her colleagues were working on. She even tried the money exchange section. Alas, she couldn't find anything for the correct money required. She took the time, bless her. That's great customer service. Tracey m'dear, thanks again for trying.

1 hour ago, wearysmith said:

…….and the one on Bank Street's all shut up now too. Didn't know. Walked down from work and it's all boarded up. When did that happen?

However, the one discussed that's upstairs in Wilko's, got to say I was very impressed with one of the ladies working there. I was sending a card to a mate's son in Philadelphia. He's 14. I just asked, on the off-chance, if there was anything 'interesting' available stamp-wise, rather than just putting one of the bog-standard Queen's head on. She tried in the back, she tried every till her colleagues were working on. She even tried the money exchange section. Alas, she couldn't find anything for the correct money required. She took the time, bless her. That's great customer service. Tracey m'dear, thanks again for trying.

It shut about a year ago. I miss it as a super quick, no fuss, no frills place for posting parcels. I use the counter for basic postal services at the Charles st post office as the next best thing nowadays. The guy at the counter is super quick and doesn’t suffer slow coach customers gladly 😆

Its sweet of the wilko post office lady to go fancy stamp hunting for you. Hopefully there wasn’t a massive queue of people waiting though....  

Pssst....there's another new one in Charles St just off Pinstone St. Very basic but it IS a Post Office.

Shhhh stop telling people. This is/was a hidden gem.. 🙄