Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Did i write that no what i said was they shpuld have been patrolling outside the fenced area not inside the site. Tramlines had private security there was no need for pcso to be inside their role is to work in the community not as tax funded additional security.

How dare the PCSO's locate themselves amongst large crowds of people as a preventative crime measure, or just to help members of the public with any problems they might have.

The Tramlines security would have been there to provide other roles, perhaps mostly working for the events organiser and crowd control. They wouldn't have been able to deal with all the usual issues that arise inside this type of event as well.

Take a missing child as an example, the PCSO's could pass live information on the police radio system within seconds, increasing the chance of he/she being found.

You obviously don’t live near Hillsborough Park then. Yesterday at about 12 noon it was blowing a near gale and coming down in buckets.

It's less than 1km away and at 12 noon yesterday we were just leaving the house to head into town, I drove and it was dry.

It's less than 1km away and at 12 noon yesterday we were just leaving the house to head into town, I drove and it was dry.

Ok. I’ll leave it there. I must have dreamt it then :mad: