I have finally got myself a classic car.. :-D

I never thought I'd be able to find a classic car at an affordable price which is also a dream of mine, I'm 28 and most lads upto my age want VXR Corsas etc.. why?? Everyone has them and 1 out of every 10 is financed, so it's not theirs and they can't touch it lol like most people in BMW's etc...

I was brought up with Capris,Ford Orion's, XR3i's etc back in the 80-90's.. Cars produced from early 2000's I am disappointed with.. they thought technology would make cars smarter,better and cheaper...

I can only laugh as I'm always seeing them on the hardshoulder on the motorways lol...

Anyway, I have gone and got myself a 1988 Volkswagen Scirocco 1.6L GT.:-D

My insurance only holding my licence 3 years is £400 for year on the wybourn.. yet I had a car with an alarm and price was 3 times more on insurance hahaha whoever set the law on insurance for cars is backwards lol

This car needs TLC but has been undercoated,well looked after and done 101,000 but has been stood for 5years but recently had a good run to get to the lads that's sorting me out...

Needs MOT but is ready to roll.. original parts etc...

I now need to sell my meriva or it's getting px for classic car I'm going for in morning :-D

Anyone here had one? Or got one? Or has any parts available? Or can help with cheap MOT's as I need it mot'd for when I px and pay bit cash... Need to take my boy to school and get to and from work?

Thanks all I feel like a 2 year old and it's Xmas lol

nice one,be good to see some retroness around our estate,theres a couple scattered around but be nice to see more,:clap:

Great car!

Try a post on the Yorkshire Thoroughbred Classic Car Club Facebook page, a well supported club, someone may be able to help.

Get in touch with Sheffield Volkswagen Owners Club they have their own website

I agree.. I miss the cars from the old days , and yorky thanks for advice..

I went to see it this morning for the 1st time.. I have to say it's better than expected..I thought at least some rust but nope.. it's been treat well but not cleaned for years so dusty inside.. 1 door handle missing,front grill cracked, and that's all.. I'll be taking pictures to put on my website which you can view on my link by the weekend..

It's getting mot'd Friday.. can't wait

Its like starting an aeroplane up or something, look at the procedure below just to start car..

Put 1 key in the immobilizer and turn

Put 1 key in the ignition

Take immobilizer key out

Pull the manual choke lever out

Turn the ignition key And adjust choke on start

Hahaha especially the popl and bang sound it makes when release Accel on high revs..

This is gunna be my car for life and updated pictures will gradually get on my business page as I customize/uprate it .. keeping everything original but I'll respray it my etc.. LEDs , ohh my days it's my dream project!! Lol

---------- Post added 04-08-2018 at 01:09 ----------

Unfortunately I did not get this in the end.. I phoned DVLA and it was registered in a previous owners name so no logbook etc.. so no tax and I couldn't afford to sort it all out and didn't have the time either...

Instead I have bought a 61 plate ford focus estate 1.6 TDCI ECONETIC I ethnology in an nice red colour... As I carry my boy and misses in car, at least it's safe and I actually kinda love it..

So I had to get this on Hire Purchase.. but at least I can definitely stuff to it etc..

I'm still looking for a classic car eventually but not untill I get a workshop.. I will be setting up a propper, pimp my ride UK type business and all car lovers can also gather for meets, do events and more ... Would need a workshop with office, reception and couple of garages with tools,ramps... And a couple of mechanics to constantly work there... As I have another job also...

I will also be streaming videos of classic car meets,project and events etc..

I have a licence to sponsor FORZA branded products on streaming with setting up events so that the viewers who will watch live events etc will have the chance to win these items..

I have so much plans and have done alot.. if I ever do here from HMRC about having a business mentor to help me get funded.. Workshop/PC and tools would be setup within 2 week meaning profits would be huge..

I have a vauxhall meriva 1.6 8v if it's any use to all classic car owners??

I also have a Mondeo 2.2st fuel injector..

I will be attending the classic car meet on Sunday thanks to Dave's invite ...

Take care all