Anti virus on line protection

Albert smith - until you are absolutely sure that the computer is clean, it might be better to avoid financial transactions. Also, I seem to remember that after an infection it is recommended that system restore is turned off and restarted but google that to be certain.

Windows 10 has anti virus built in. I've not needed to use anything else in a long time. Just because the anti virus in W10 isn't in your face every 10 seconds doesn't mean it's not working.

You might want to read some tests, it's not very good at picking stuff up, especially new infections.

Been running Eset for a long time, previously NOD32 and never had an issue and it's never moaning at you except when there are Windows updates or a major version number update to itself.

You might want to read some tests, it's not very good at picking stuff up, especially new infections.

Been running Eset for a long time, previously NOD32 and never had an issue and it's never moaning at you except when there are Windows updates or a major version number update to itself.

I've read plenty of reports over the years. For home use the MS one does me fine. On a business/corporate network, MS wouldn't cut it due to general numpty use and amount of end users. In those kind of environments a better name would definitely come into play. The one you mention is very good though. I used it for years on earlier versions of Windows and had no issues at all.

People tend to forget this, but check your ISP. Sometimes they actually have AV bundled with your broadband package such as BT. They give you Mcafee for free.

I have just uninstalled all remnants of any ant virus left on my windows computer and the machine is back to its best performance , all I kept getting was messages saying upgrade this and upgrade that now that they have been binned it seems as though every thing is fine.

I would double check everything is OK by installing the free versions of Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware - both available from https://ninite.com to avoid advertising links on other sites. ;)