Slip & Slide - Graves Park

Recent posts here, including appology and refun details:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1507721059302062/permalink/2084837414923754/

I do sincerely apologise for today and the planning did not go to plan. There will be a refund link on the website tomorrow. It was our first event and we understand the issues that were raised. Which we will take on board the negative comments and understand everyone's anger and frustration. I sincerely apologise and we will sort out the refunds. Some of the comments have been very personal and some threatening in nature. We had good intentions but fell short on the day..instead of abuse or threats, provide comments on how we can improve, recommendations and better ways of doing things. My apology is sincere as I did not want to disappoint the children. Hind sight barriers and water pressure was the issue and we did try to sort out the situation. Everyone learns from their mistakes and we definitely have. We hope the comments are constructive, so we can improve in the future

---------- Post added 23-07-2018 at 12:49 ----------

Refund link on their site: https://thesunslider.co.uk/

Refund link is: https://form.jotformeu.com/81707291839365

but why were there not barriers all around this event to stop kids leaping on half way up? this all needed to be discussed by scc/parks prior,also what did the plan of action look like at scc/parks prior(you have to do one and present it) theres a lot of unanswered questions and only those 3 involved can answer,even a dime wit could work out kids only walking half way and finally a water pressure test should have been done at 5am and everything set up 2 hours and safety checked.then think about music,they don't seem to meet the same on site team I have to meet each year.

get some cardboard and find a steep bank, instant free dry slide played on them for hours in the fifties

Sorry but why do these accidents need to.be claimed for? This is why things are so expensive as people sue everyone and anyone for any reason hence why things are so expensive to pay for insurance for people claiming

Talking to a colleague today who went to the event and she was saying that you had to sign a disclaimer saying you wouldn't sue if injured, or words to that effect...

meersbrook park would be an ideal venue for a future event, proper hill.