Artex removal from a ceiling

Hi anybody tried removing artex from a big ceiling with a steamer . I dont want to just uni bond and re-skim as it will bring it below coving . Or does anybody know anybody who does this i have a industrial steamer . Cheers Sp[ider1 :suspect::suspect:

Be careful. Some older artex May contain asbestos

I, without prior knowledge until I finished it, sanded and steamed mine off.

If I don't post for a while you'll know why!

why not save yourself all the mess and have it plastered

Read my question . Its going to be plastered but artex is long type and if i plaster on top it will be below coving . So its either re- do coving or take artex off :suspect:

---------- Post added 08-07-2018 at 18:38 ----------

I, without prior knowledge until I finished it, sanded and steamed mine off.

If I don't post for a while you'll know why!

Yes you playing with fire sanding artex . Maybe try scraping long bits of maybe.

Did you do any good with steamer. :suspect:

Edited by spider1

It was in the bathroom so not a massive area and I had a bit of damp problem in one corner that the steamer helped along. But mostly it had to be sanded.

Wiser after the event and all that. When I did the spare bedroom I decided to live with he artex!!

One of my neighbours did all their ceilings and four walls in the lounge with a steamer. Seemed to work for them ok and 10 years later they're still here.

One of my neighbours did all their ceilings and four walls in the lounge with a steamer. Seemed to work for them ok and 10 years later they're still here.

But do they have an iron lung?

Thanks willman will prob give it a go in a small room now that some one has had a go :hihi: