Cineworld Sheffield lift problems

visited Cineworld today and for third time in 3 weeks have had problems with lift on one occasion lift stopped between floors pressed emergency alarm and found this only accesses Stanah lift engineers who will tell you they will take up to 1hr to get to cineworld fortunatly staff managed to get the lift down after 15minutes on 2 other occassion have been stuck on the top floor I am aware that other customers have had similar problems and staff have informed me that this is a regular problem my daughter who uses a wheelchair will not now access the lift independantly I would be interested to hear of other peoples experiences I have complained to cinema staff and they have given us free cinema tickets and drinks but that is not the answer as everybody no matter what their disability should be able to access the cinema independantly if they wish what do you think folks

Hi Franko

I had a similar problem a while ago when we got in the lift it dropped down a little which I thought was suspect, so I immediately got my son out of the lift the second it dropped and we were stuck on the second floor. The manager came over and I asked him when the lift would be active again and he said it would be at least 2 hrs because nobody on staff was trained to deal with lift problems which I thought was totally unacceptable. I asked if they had a service lift we could use but he said no which I doubt. When I voiced my frustration he responded by saying he could call the fire service I was taken a back by this his customer service was terrible and he still works there I see him from time to time. I logged a formal complaint with Cineworld and got the usual stock response but pushed it and got a response from a regional manager and an apology its a real shame things haven't changed.