Any advice on calli sweet peppers and..

Hello fellow growers!! Just looking for any advice on sweet peppers iv reserched them but would like any knowledge on them in our region! Also 2 weeks ago i opend a old chilli got the seeds dried them out for 2 days and potted them and there spouting after 5 days ( in the house ) ! Has any1 else tried this and succeeded ? :)

have managed sweet peppers with limited success in windowsills, and in sunny yard-but had more failures over the years....need warmth and sun....the hot chillies have been more successful for me. I tend to treat similar to tomatoes.

good luck let us know how you get on

Thanks for the reply! Hope i get some! And ill keep that in mind also i will let you all know! The runner beans alot of people said will die or mite do if frost gets them are doing fine and some are 2 and a half foot :)

:) great.....mine are just germinating... so i guess you'll get yours a long time before i get mine...shame i love runner beans

How many have you done? Iv got 20 im new to this so didnt know and did them too early but looks like its pulled off if the wind doesn't get too heavy! I doo too with a bit of butter !!!!

I always do quite a few -I expect to lose some to slugs (last year they ate them all :( )and I give some away, so plenty and I try different varieties too.

this year I'm doing some streamline, painted lady and hestia(?)

Yep they have had mine well the big bottom leafs! I havnt a clue on names just yet as im new to this i just had some seeds gave me and threw them in :) how tall do you recon cherry tomotoes grow?

Depends what variety. The cherry tomatoes I grow are tall 5 foot or more but I've grown bush ie small ones in the past that are less than 2 foot

Hi David. Both sweet peppers and chillies do well in our area but especially if grown under glass. I have grown them for years in the greenhouse and this year have: 4 x long sweet pepper, 2 x large yellow, 1 x large red, 3 x Sweet Aji 3 x Kaibi No2 2 x Etna (fiery hot Chilli). They need a long growing season, especially the Chillies and I always set my seeds going around the last week in January in the airing cupboard (warm). Sweet peppers can be sown a little later. Once sprouted, I use growing lights and a timer to keep them going. It needs to be warm for them to grow outside so they don't get put in the greenhouse until late May. A drip irregation system and Comfrey liquid feed and we should get masses of peppers again this year. Can't wait! They will happily grow on a sunny windowledge and possibly outside in a warm sheltered spot.

Grown a couple of sweet peppers outside . Both plants are about a foot tall with seemingly plenty of fruit . One has a pepper on it about the size of a medium tomato . When should I pick off ?

They should change colour as they ripen... although you can eat them at any point I understand.