Cafe Rouge, what do you think of it?

Thinking about trading up some Tesco Clubcard vouchers to 4 x their value, and treating my son and his partner to a night out, as they are both skint. Will they love me or hate me after the meal? :help:

I just don't think you get a great deal of food for your money.

I also think the service could be better at the St Paul's establishment.

In a nut, there are far better restaurants in Sheffield.

Exchange your vouchers for something more worthwhile, like a Best Of Harry Secombe DVD or something.

I just don't think you get a great deal of food for your money.

I also think the service could be better at the St Paul's establishment.

In a nut, there are far better restaurants in Sheffield.

Exchange your vouchers for something more worthwhile, like a Best Of Harry Secombe DVD or something.

It's that good then. :hihi:

Thinking about trading up some Tesco Clubcard vouchers to 4 x their value, and treating my son and his partner to a night out, as they are both skint. Will they love me or hate me after the meal? :help:

I often do this. On Saturday my daughter, her god-daughter and I had lunch at Cafe Rouge. Its not gourmet food, but its nice enough, the service is ok and its a pleasant enough place. Its not expensive, people get what they pay for. Our bill came to around £34 for 3 meals and drinks, and I used a £20 Tesco voucher for part of it. The voucher cost me nothing.

Ousetunes, I don't think the Tesco vouchers are exchangeable at St Pauls, only certain chains, for instance I've used them at Strada and HaHa. I personally think its a good deal, as using them for shopping is only an exchange for the face value instead of the 4 x value for restaurant and other vouchers.

I have been once and it's rubbish. If you do go then have the fish stew thing, I am sure it's just some leek and potato soup with a prawn thrown in at the end!

Expensive boil in the bag food. That's the best I can say about it!

I also had a bad experience at the one on Ecclesall Road. Rubbish food and rubbish service. Never again.

I dont post on here much but had to on this post....

Even with Tesco vouchers the food is way overpriced and bland. God knows how this restuarant chain manages to survive...must be lots of people around with no idea about quality food.

Can't stand Cafe Rouge - trade in for Strada. We always do and always have good meals there. I would probably never go if I had to pay (hate chains), but these vouchers are great!

Personally I think its OK - I agree, not gourmet or special but their sausage and mash is a perfectly good lunch IMHO.

Not very good really. But if the food is free with your vouchers I suppose there are worse places. Not much of a recommendation though.

HMRC aren't welcome in the Cafe Rouge on Ecclesall Road after an "incident" during our office Christmas party a few years ago. :hihi: