Sunday Dinner - Cricket Inn or Milestone

Which of these places should I take my Mum to for Sunday Dinner?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these places should I take my Mum to for Sunday Dinner?

• The Cricket Inn, Totley
    • The Milestone, Kelham Island
    • Thyme Cafe, Glossop Road

Hi All,

I know that there are threads about these 2 places, but have searched and cant quite find the info I am after.

Basically my mum is coming to viit and I want to go out for a good but not over priced sunday dinner. Don't m,ind paying for quality though.

I have decided to go to one of these, so has anyone any recent experiences to help me decide?

Also, can you book at them, and do you need to book?

Cheers

MIlestone's lunch is £10.95 and last time I had one it was very nice. Not enough of it though in my opinion and drinks there are very expensive. Similar to the Milestone but cheaper was the Robin Hood at Loxley which I can also recommend. I had a roast at the Norfork Arms, Ringinglow road on Sunday and that was very nice and was £9.95 or £10.95 depening on what you had.

Are you on about the Cricketers in Totley?

Just to add, The Stag on Psalter lane is pretty good for a roast and it's only £7.95. Only problem with that place is it seems to attract people with screaming babies.

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek

there is a carvery in balborough "de rhodes" its lovely and cheap too :)

Hi all,

I mean the criket inn/cricketers? in Totley and the Milestone on Kelham island.

Any idea about needing to book for any of these?

cheers

ah i thought ya ment one at crystal peaks, guna say that is a dive, cant see why anyone would wana go there

Hi all,

cheers

I would book if going to the Cricketers, it's always busy and it's a bit cold to be sat outside! Have only had 1 Sunday roast there and it was a couple of years ago. Not sure how busy the Milestone is on Sundays as not been for a while. If your mums up I would try book which ever place you go.

ah i thought ya ment one at crystal peaks, guna say that is a dive, cant see why anyone would wana go there

He, he ... Milestone at Crystal Peaks, yeh I agree its a dump 'leahiz'! The Prince of Wales at the top of Carterknowle Road, an Ember Inn, good value for money and tasty too.

Hi all,

cheers

The Milestone at Kelham Island has just been voted the restaurant of the year. Ive never been but will get round to it eventually. I should think you will have to book, with it just winning this award.

Thyme cafe do a fabulous Sunday lunch. Would definitely need to pre-book.

:)

Details of the place are here.

It's worth booking at The Cricket Inn, especially if you want a place by the fire. Otherwise, turn up at 12 and you should be fine.

I've had a couple of Sunday dinners at the above and they were pretty decent, not amazing, but more than okay. The beef wasn't overcooked, nice vegetables, that kind of thing. One deal they do have is the set Sunday lunch that's good value. It's around £16 for 3 courses, usually including the pork, but a decent starter and a nice pud.

Never been to The Milestone.

Thyme cafe do a fabulous Sunday lunch. Would definitely need to pre-book.

:)

Details of the place are here.

Well Stagey I know I can rely on your reviews!! roughly how much is it there?

I forgot about the award Pattricia - hmmm would make it a good place to take mum to - not cheap though but she is my mumsy!!

Oh, too many decisions!! :help: