Where can you fly a drone in Sheffield?

We're is it safe to fly a drone is there any groups that meet up in the sheffield area thanks

We're is it safe to fly a drone is there any groups that meet up in the sheffield area thanks

Drone field, sorry couldn’t resist that, seriously I’ve seen them flown in Longshaw and surrounding moorland, however you’ll not be welcome where stock is grazing.

Edited by Calahonda

I've seen someone flying one over Morehall reservoir near warncliffe side, and people fly model planes up on westwood park, so if they can fly model planes, I'd be surprised if drones are not allowed...

Not really :rolleyes:

It does make it clear that you are not permitted to fly a drone on Longshaw Estate as suggested by an earlier poster.

Do you actually mean 'where is it safe . . .' rather than 'we are is it safe . . .' :)

It does make it clear that you are not permitted to fly a drone on Longshaw Estate as suggested by an earlier poster.

If you take the trouble to read my post I said that I had seen them flown on the Longshaw Estate, where did I suggest that the O P should do so without requesting permission?

they have drones flying around Richmond and Netherthorpe where I live

Do you actually mean 'where is it safe . . .' rather than 'we are is it safe . . .' :)

Did you actually mean to ask a question without one of these?

Wow, and there is me thinking Stephen Hawking had passed away :rolleyes:

I go up ringinglow with gliders and with the inspire and mavic pro