The Harlequin (formerly Manchester Hotel)

This pub opens tonight, it's been redecorated and is now looking very smart and comfortable, yet still quite traditional, and has a range of 12 real ales plus cider and belgian beers.

A great addition to the Kelham Island/Upper Don Valley real ale pub crawl!

When do you open? And what are the general opening times?

Do you sell tetleys? (yes I know its not a real ale but I like it).

Its doubtful they sell Tetleys. :)

I hope to go take a look tonight if I can navigate the roadworks.

12 real ales sounds a tad ambitious for the first day.

Drove past this today (well, I was stuck in the traffic for 20 mins outside this). It looks really nice :thumbsup: - just hope the roadworks don't mess it up before it has a chance to prove itself!

It also says on the sign that they'll be doing beer festivals!

Not sure Classic Rock, but I bet they'll need a rockin' night?!

Its now privately owned.

Nice one, when im in need of a drink after work i dont have to work far, only next door :thumbsup:

Cool! I miss the proper Harlequin though, and it's little pot bellied stove, and the cartoon on the wall by the bogs ...... one of the best pints of Ward's in Sheffield too ...... ah memories .......

It's not me running it!!!! I just know as editor of Beer Matters newsletter. It is a nice lady called Wendy and her family.

The two regular beers are Magnet and Boddingtons, then another 10 more interesting beers from small breweries across the country. The Smokestack Lightening mild from the Isle of Ely brewery comes particularly reccommended by me!

They also have Warsteiner, Erdinger, Leffe, Guinness and Carling on draught, plus a range of bottled belgian beers, and Bitburg Drive for the drivers!

As long as people are prepared to walk round the roadworks this pub has such a lot of potential. There is a decent size function room upstairs with it's own bar and kitchen, which they are working on getting operational, and they aim to make the yard and balcony at the rear useable as an outdoor drinking area by next summer.

I thought David was still running it.

Does anyone know when he left????

I was in today. first round was on the house :D . They've done a great job with the interior! Would recommend a visit, especially if your into your real ales. Not a bad pint of Carling either :hihi: