Public Transport - Gunstones Dronfield

Hi All,

Can anyone help pleeease? Are there any other buses other than the TM Travel shuttle 294 bus which is very infrequent that will get me from Sheffield(Crystal Peaks or Town Centre) to Gunstones in Dronfield?? Does the service 253 drop me anywhere near Gunstones and if not how far is it to walk from the bus stop???

Thanks in advance :-)

Hi there, Stagecoach run the 43, 43A & 44, 44A from Sheffield Flat Street. 43 runs to Dronfield/Bowshaw Inn and Wreaks Lne. This one seems best and nearest to Gunstones for you. The 44A runs to Dronfield-Green Lane then to Unstone. This is ok if you have time to walk the rest of the way to Gunnies.

These buses run between each other and are every half hour but more importantly, reliable. The Sunday timetable starts abit later though.

You can look at the timetable at: travelsouthyorkshire.com

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

Can anyone help pleeease? Are there any other buses other than the TM Travel shuttle 294 bus which is very infrequent that will get me from Sheffield(Crystal Peaks or Town Centre) to Gunstones in Dronfield?? Does the service 253 drop me anywhere near Gunstones and if not how far is it to walk from the bus stop???

Thanks in advance :-)

i think you would be better off getting a bus into sheffield centre then getting on the number 43 stagecoach chesterfield bus on flat street.. seems a lot of people do the same as the 8.50 one in the evenings is always packed out with workers going to gunstones

Yeah I was going to say that. I've been on that evening 44 and it's so packed it's ridiculous.

The 253 is evening only and goes on other side of the valley

Yeah I was going to say that. I've been on that evening 44 and it's so packed it's ridiculous.

From the 1st Aug I believe the 43 & 44 will be double decker's

You could get the train. About 8 minutes from Sheffield and then about a 10/15 minute walk to Gunstones.

From the 1st Aug I believe the 43 & 44 will be double decker's

It's always been a double decker when I've been on it, still packed out though, more than likely above the legal maximum, the top and bottom deck are absolutely rammed with people standing everywhere.

just a quick point the 44A last bus from flat street is 6.25pm and for the 44 last bus is 7.20 the 43 carries on after these times

It's always been a double decker when I've been on it, still packed out though, more than likely above the legal maximum, the top and bottom deck are absolutely rammed with people standing everywhere.

i know which one you mean the 8.50pm from flat street and arundel gate is always ram packed

Into town & onto the number 43.

43 bus is always jam packed 1st thing in the morning with the night shift coming back from work.

Reyt....

the main bus route past Gunstones Bakery is the Stagecoach 43, every 30 mins Mon-Sat daytime and hourly evenings and Sundays. http://www.stagecoachbus.com/sheffield for details.

More limited is the TM Travel 15 on Mon-Sat daytime and 254 on Sunday daytime, they run once every 2 hours from Marsh Lane to Holmesfield via Apperknowle, Coal Aston and Dronfield Civic Centre. http://www.tmtravel.co.uk for details.

This Dronfield bus map may be helpful: http://www.derbysbus.info/images/drnfield.pdf. Gunstones is on Stubley Lane.

Edited by Andy C