Speeding fine times?

The 14 day rule IS correct for none stop speeding offences.If you dont recieve it within 14 days and the vehicle is registered to you and your correct address then it will be dropped if its correctly defended.

Which is not what was claimed. The original claim was incorrect, because it didn't include the part I've italicised; it simply said that if it doens't arrive to you within 14 days there is no case. In fact - as you correctly point out - there are several ways in which there still might be.

Unfortunately for you, your 'lapse of concentration' could easily have resulted in multiple deaths. Going the wrong way down a dual carriageway isn't exactly a minor mishap.

You seem to have paid a heavy price for it, though i'm guessing you'll never make the same mistake again.

had the other driver been concentrating on the road ahead instead of all the other cars he was tearing past in his new motor, the outcome would have been very different.

so too perhaps, if i had stepped on the gas and got the hell out of there. now i know why people drive off from incidents.

i ended up taking ALL the blame and paying the price with absolutely no consideration given to my action to avoid any collision.

i'm not planning on visiting norfolk again in a hurry. or hiring the village idiot to defend me in court. i would probably want to massacre a few people whilst i am there.

Wot a load of twoddle. Rob 1 seems to have summed it up, however travelling the wrong way down a dual carriageway could be deemed dangerous driving, however due to the pathetic excuse of no signs, due care and attention is more likely.

The comment about bobbies having to raise revenue is bulls*it. At the end of the day if one of your loved ones was god forbid injured or worse in an RTC then you would want them to do something about it. Giving tickets should but doesn't teach a lesson to some. Tickets should be more than the £30 or £60. Points on licence should also go up. Someone with 6 points on their licence after being caught speeding twice, obviously doesn't give a toss, so take the points upto 12 and ban them.

sadly, one of my loved ones was injured by a motorist in the late 1980's as a child. he got no compensation and is spending the remainder of his life receiving 24 hour care.

there were no injuries as a result of my incident but the other parties insurers made sure he screwed the whiplash out of it and the CPS ( who consistently fail to bring killers to justice) could have let this one go.

now you know why am i so angry at my treatment.

anyone who says bobbies are not out to raise revenue, then suggests fines should be higher, is just disproving what they have said in the first place.

Edited by muckymurphy
add