Malin bridge double parking

To all the cars double parked at the bottom of stannington road causing the traffic to be worse than it normally is at this part of the road I hope you get all your cars scraped down the side by a hgv or a bus trying to squeeze through

I feel sorry for the residents who live there but it's time it had double yellow lines on the side with no houses the bottom

S6 is the worst area I've ever come across for the 'I can park wherever I damn well want' attitude. You should see Malin Bridge school in the afternoons, people parked on pavements, double yellows, across peoples driveways the works. I don't know why I bother looking for a parking space to pick my daughter up, I'm sure no one would frown if I just stopped in the middle of the road and left it there 20 mins.

Are they actually causing an offence, parked on double yellows, for example?

Or are you not a confident driver?

Double parked or parked on double yellows? There is a difference you know.

Double parked or parked on double yellows? There is a difference you know.

Really?

Well, you learn something new every day....,

S6 is the worst area I've ever come across for the 'I can park wherever I damn well want' attitude. You should see Malin Bridge school in the afternoons, people parked on pavements, double yellows, across peoples driveways the works. I don't know why I bother looking for a parking space to pick my daughter up, I'm sure no one would frown if I just stopped in the middle of the road and left it there 20 mins.

But isnt that what causes the problem in the first place................ people who insist on picking their kids up from school instead of walking to collect them like our parents did when we were at junior and infant school. Its the school run moms/dads that are the cause of the parking problems outside schools.

To all the cars double parked at the bottom of stannington road causing the traffic to be worse than it normally is at this part of the road I hope you get all your cars scraped down the side by a hgv or a bus trying to squeeze through

I feel sorry for the residents who live there but it's time it had double yellow lines on the side with no houses the bottom

Do you mean "Double Parking" or (more likely) "Single Parking" on both sides of the road?

"Double Parking" is when you park with a car already between you and the kerb.

But isnt that what causes the problem in the first place................ people who insist on picking their kids up from school instead of walking to collect them like our parents did when we were at junior and infant school. Its the school run moms/dads that are the cause of the parking problems outside schools.

Completely agree, especially at Malin Bridge. ALOT of lazy parents.

Do you mean "Double Parking" or (more likely) "Single Parking" on both sides of the road?

"Double Parking" is when you park with a car already between you and the kerb.

Not in my opinion it isn't.the police used to ticket you for double parking,i.e.2 cars parked opposite each other and in their opinion,causing an obstruction in the road.

Now with the number of cars parked on the road this measure is impractical,and so we are governed by yellow lines,and the days of considerate parking are long gone.

Virtually every proximity to any school is a twice a day nightmare for residents and road users .Ever tried negotiating Morley Street at each end of the school day?

Really?

Well, you learn something new every day....,

Really?

Shame you don't put it to use !