Best Pizza in Sheffield ..

My home made pizza

Homemade is good. :thumbsup: Eating out, I think the best one I've had in Sheffield was at Casanova's up in Crookes, although I think the company I was keeping at the time coloured my judgement somewhat.

At least in my experience it'd depend exactly what you're after.

If you want a sit-down meal type pizza I remember Mama & Leonie's on the corner of Surrey Street being pretty good... my first experience of the strange, tropical creation 'capers'! And even though it's not very Sheffield of me Pizza Express is still amazing, I don't think I'll ever go back to Pizza Hut as far as the big chains go.

The other kind is the late night special, when you've been for a few drinks. However that's still not enough to completely kill my tastebuds and I do want something decent tasting! Hario's Pizza Nights in Hillsborough (despite the fact the staff can be unbelievably rude on the phone!) is really nice and pretty cheap for that kind of thing. I remember many a night when I was a bit younger when me and a few friends would return from a night out in town and stop the taxi at Hillsborough so we could nip in for one, then walk up Halifax Road eating it. Great times.

La Terrazza on Sharrowvale Road do excellent pizzas and for a chain i also think strada does a good pizza.

Italian Express sounds popular. I'll give it a try tonight and see how it compares to Nibbles.

And your verdict is?

Bloo88 has fantastic pizzas, and amazing value too. Less than £5 a pizza!

At one time I would've said Domino's on Eccleshall Road were good, but not after it took their delivery driver an hour to get to me one night last year! :loopy:

Nowadays the few times I order Pizza in, I use Pizza Hut on Crookes.

prime pizza on firth park road is good.

but i get mine always frm royalpizza langset rd. im in loveeeee <3

I hate Dominoes or Pizza Hut. I actually like Pizza Express-I'm sorry if that offends some people :hihi: but I think for a huge chain their food is actually very nice.

I've only ever had pasta at Portofino (sp??) on Chesterfield Road (which was lovely!) but other members of my group had pizza and it looked really nice!

I personally don't rate Nibbles or Pisa Pizza. Both serve doughy pizzas that lead to indigestion and bloating. Pisa's cheese is particularly suspect, too.

Unfortunately, Pizza Hut gets more of my business because of this, but I might be tempted by the Italian place in Walkley if people rate it.

Otherwise, yes, make your own! Much more fun, you can exert some quality control, and so much cheaper.