Should tonight's Human League gig go ahead or be cancelled?

I think it should be cancelled in the interests of good taste.:cool:

I agree with you, weve been to see these about 30 times over the last god knows how many years and if tonight goes ahead it will be our last.:mad::mad::mad:

Were in London as well on the 10th - just hope that isn't snowed off as well cos i'd hate to travel there and pay for hotel just find i could have stayed at home.

Well it looks like common sense has prevailed with the human league gig .... I hope the O2 Academy follows suit and does the right thing ! From where I live I have no chance of making it to Sheffield anyway .....

Just had a phone call from the City Hall to advise the Gig is off which was nice :)

It should have gone ahead - they'll be a lot of disappointed fans tonight

It should have gone ahead - they'll be a lot of disappointed fans tonight

live in town do you? better to be cancelled than have people stranded in freezing conditions miles from home - <removed>

Edited by MuteWitness

live in town do you? better to be cancelled than have people stranded in freezing conditions miles from home - <removed>

MJ01 is entitled to his view, and certainly doesn't deserve to be called a <removed> just because he doesn't agree with you. Some people would have been able to go tonight and some wouldn't. Similarly, if the show is rescheduled then some people won't be able to make the new date. If it isn't rescheduled then nobody gets to go.

For what it's worth the decision to cancel or go ahead probably wouldn't have been influenced by money, because shows are very often insured against cancellation. They would have wanted to go ahead because the band was there, the equipment was there and lots of people would still have been able to go. It was a difficult call, and for whatever reason the people who were in favour or cancelling won. People who disagreed certainly aren't <removed> !

Edited by MuteWitness

I think we'll draw a line under this thread, seeing as people are finding any reason to start insulting each other.