Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Latest Tree Felling, Sandford Grove Rd etc .

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

18-09-2018, 12:07   #2201
Cyclone

Total Posts: 71,752
So you are ignoring it, you can't bring yourself to criticise the council for deliberately manipulating the survey to minimise responses.

You're also ignoring the lies in the survey which may well have lead people to not respond...

I'm "suggesting" that the survey was flawed. Are you "denying" it? (Oh, and for what it's worth, the survey responses where they were made were overwhelmingly against, that means that the survey does actually support my point of view).
_______
Ask yourself, what would Chuck Norris do?
Youtube videos, snowboarding, climbing, bad drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...qpXEZMGnJHf3Wg
18-09-2018, 12:32   #2202
makapaka

Total Posts: 3,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
So you are ignoring it, you can't bring yourself to criticise the council for deliberately manipulating the survey to minimise responses.

You're also ignoring the lies in the survey which may well have lead people to not respond...

I'm "suggesting" that the survey was flawed. Are you "denying" it? (Oh, and for what it's worth, the survey responses where they were made were overwhelmingly against, that means that the survey does actually support my point of view).
Well not on Walkley Bank they weren't. More people approved than disapproved.

Why do I have to disprove or deny an unproven accusation to not be accused of bias?

However - to go with your theory that the silent majority opposes the felling in say Walkley Bank - we have to believe 91% of 986 households surveyed in Walkley Bank were tricked into not responding - either by lies contained within a survey or because they didn't bother to open the envelope - and that they would have been against had they not been tricked.

We then have to discount the fact that of those people that weren't tricked - more voted to approve the felling than disapprove.

You might then say that the people that approved the felling were tricked, but then we also have to question why only 3% disapproved.

You said that having spoken to your friends / colleagues this proved the silent majority were against the felling which you seem to think people should just accept as fact.

I'm not saying the survey proves anything undoubtedly - it certainly doesn't support a for or against view - it does seem to indicate indifference.

Last edited by makapaka; 18-09-2018 at 12:34.
19-09-2018, 11:11   #2203
Cyclone

Total Posts: 71,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendix View Post
There are sections of the pavement around some of the trees where the root growth is so pronounced that it has buckled the pavement. I walk down there most days, and I dont rely on Cyclone's silly Google Map images to see what I see.

But, hey, he or she has decided it's not an issue so I shall tell them not to worry.
Hey I missed this one.

Silly images of the street. That's weak isn't it. I put up some evidence and the best you can do is call actual photos of the street in question 'silly'.
I guess we've proven that you were exaggerating weren't you.
Which explains why you went quiet and only makapaka is left arguing about a point (having carefully forgotten the context of it of course).

---------- Post added 19-09-2018 at 11:13 ----------

That context being (to remind you makapaka) that bendix was claiming the opposite. The silent majority he claimed were in favour of tree removal.
I only claimed the opposite to make it clear how silly the claim is. And I acknowledged that it was anecdotal at the time. See posts 2147 and thereabouts.
_______
Ask yourself, what would Chuck Norris do?
Youtube videos, snowboarding, climbing, bad drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...qpXEZMGnJHf3Wg
Reply To Topic