£1,000 for £50 through Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity

The 2009 / 2010 Charity Unleashed Gift Book: Sheffield is now on sale from the Weston Park Cancer Hospital Charity’s Website.

Spend £50 on the book and not a penny more to use the vouchers. Even better, £15 goes straight to charity.

An example of the great experiences that are on offer include, a free bottle of wine from The Milestone, a free meal in Bar 23 and a nights stay in Losehill House Hotel and Spa in the Hope Valley.

You can find a full list of the £1,000 worth of vouchers contained within the book at http://www.charityunleashed.co.uk, alternatively go straight to the Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity Website (www.cancerappeal.co.uk) and follow the button from the home page.

On sale for a limited time only and only a limited amount available, don’t miss out...

Charity Unleashed

If I bought one, how do I get it? Where do I collect it from?

If I bought one, how do I get it? Where do I collect it from?

There will be collection points throughout August (in Sheffield) if you want to collect your book, or you can pay £2.50 for recorded delivery and have it delivered straight to your front door. You choose which option you prefer, when you buy the book, through the Weston Park Hospital Cancer Appeal's website. Click here to be taken straight to the Weston Park Hospital Cancer Appeal's website.

Thanks for your interest, all info can be found at http://www.charityunleashed.co.uk

Just an update:

New offers from the Ivory,

a Sharing Platter for 2 worth £10

and a Cocktail worth £5

Update - You may or may not have heard, Serenity Spa is unfortunately no longer Trading but fear not, Charity Unleashed is providing you with a more than suitable replacement. We are proud to announce that Aston Hotel has stepped in to support the project and is offering a voucher for 1 3 course meal, in place of Serenity Spa’s offer!

This is just excellent I have ordered mine!

With respect here.....am I to presume the companies who "donate" the vouchers gain from people visiting or using their services.....and am I to presume that £15 out of each £50 goes to the Weston Park......may I politely enquire as to what happens to the other £35?

Hi Julado,

All the companies who have donated their products (to a total of £7.5Million) hope that the people who visit will spend money with them (though there is NO obligation) and return to them another time, having had a great time the first time.

As for the split from the £50, at least £15 goes to Weston Park HCC, this is a minimum of 30% of revenue (unlike most voucher books and company donations that donate a % of profits NOT revenue.) The remainder is used to cover costs and returned to the businesses involved to help cover some of the lost revenue involved, this in no way comes close to covering the lost revenue of their donation.

To give you an example:

Losehill house has donated a maximum of 7,500 nights + Spa treatment @ a value of £125 each. This equals £937,500 of revenue for them alone.

The total book sales only come to £375,000 of which £112,500 will be donated to Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity. The remainder is used to cover costs and split between the 24 businesses involved.

What we have tried to do is create something, where a Sheffield Charity, Sheffield Businesses and Sheffield People all gain something from the same thing.

In this way we believe that for once the expression 'win, win' really does mean something. We hope that this answers your question and will persuade you to buy a book and help a fantastic cause, support 24 local businesses and have a lovely time over the next year, spending £1,000 having invested £50 (a return of 20x)

I count 23 businesses making offers. It your business the 24th?

There's nothing wrong with taking a share, it is a business model at the end of the day. But are you are person doing this voluntarily to raise money for Weston Park and Sheffield Businesses, or are you a Sheffield business doing something good for charity and business but taking a cut yourself?

I hope that's come across right.

Hi go4it,

You had us worried there, we had to check our counting to make sure, but we do have 24 businesses not 23 with offers. We are not one of the businesses with an offer, we actually set up to deliver this project (and so are taking a salary out of this) and look forward to doing it next year as well, though on a bigger scale.

Thanks,

the Unleashed team.

Hello everyone,

I am one of the business included in the Gift Book and can confirm that what the Unleashed team have said on this thread is 100% accurate and is no way trying to mislead anyone. I have also had a recount and there are definitely 24 businesses included in the offer. A £50 gift book really does give you £1,000 of treats but I can understand why some people would question this because of its “too good to be true” bearing.

The reason I wanted to be included in this book and give away a £120 photography course is for many different reasons. The huge donation to Weston Park Hospital Cancer Charity has got to be one of the biggest donations from any Sheffield business whilst at the same time getting customers through my door. In this climate this has been the biggest challenge for a small business. There is also a huge potential for returning customers as I offer lots of different courses, and whilst anyone using their voucher on my course does not have to spend a single penny more, I will definitely be telling them about other courses I run and even offering a further discount for Charity Unleashed customers!

On top of this I am receiving loads of advertising and I have even bought one of the books for myself. I will be buying another for an upcoming birthday present!

Al (Square Two Photography)