The best Gluten free places in sheffield!

Does anyone know of any really good restaurants, cafes etc which do top class gluten free food? The only places i know are la tasca in meadowhall and a small coffee shop near the crucible, and obviously more choice would be fun!!

Thanks

Helen

more choice ANYWHERE would be good, its always a nightmare trying to feed my poor neice who has coeliacs at 6 :(

anyway off my soapbox lol, will look forward to replies!

I forget the name of the place, but there's a Latin American restaurant in the West One complex, the menu lists which dishes are gluten free. Also it might be a bit out of the way, but the Crown Inn at Higham in Derbyshire has gluten free options on the menu, including gluten free fish and chips.

Blue Moon Cafe to the left of the cathedral as you look at it. It is veggie/vegan and always has at least two GF dishes on.

Very wholesome food ... nothing really fancy but filling and deff homemade.

the blue moon cafe is the best, I know a friend has been to damonds at crystal peaks and she says its good for coeliacs. But otherwise it is a nightmare.

the Fat Cat do a GF option at lunch times.

http://www.thefatcat.co.uk/86index.htm

also it's possible to get GF at Indian restaurants if you pick carefully.

maybe the Cealiac soc provide an info leaflet on eating out?

We recently had lunch at The Cricket inn, Totley and there were wheat free choices ( e.g. risotto ) on the menu although they weren't marked up as such.

Aagrahs in Leopold Square indicate dishes which have gluten in, and seem very knowledgeable about their menu

The Angel at Holmesfield did but I've been told on here that it has changed hands so they might not any more.

Worth asking.

We do lots of gluten free dishes at Otto's on Sharrow Vale Road.

We make all our own sauces so can make you something specially

or most of our moroccan dishes are naturally gluten free.

Regards

Tad1 (co-owner of Otto's)

Weatherspoons do a GF menu too if you wanted cheap and cheerful :)

The best places that I've found recently are Nonnas on Ecclesall Road (menu is on their website - google them) and Green Steps fish and chip shop on Hickmott road, just off Ecclesall Road. Nonnas isn't the cheapest of places, but it's very nice with a good range of gluten free choices, including a lovely flourless chocolate cake for pud. They say they can do gluten free pasta to go with any sauce that's marked gluten-free, but then non are! Perhaps this is just a mistake on the menu - we didn't ask, as there were lots of other things marked gf.

Green steps are completely gluten free (the fish anyway) and they're very nice. All the fish is from sustainable stocks too for added brownie points.

The Fat Cat claims to always have gluten-free choices, but looking at their current menu, it looks like it's a choice on one, with no choice at all for pudding!

Homemade at Nether Edge - their food is fantastic. Always fresh, always a good choice of GF food including puds! They do burger nights on Weds and they are YUM

Blue Moon Cafe

Bistro Pierre good for a chain restaurant.