Charities collecting on the doorstep

A spate of them appear to be doing this now. They knock, then disappear to the next house after only waiting five seconds for you to answer the door.

I've just told them I never give money on the door step, only to be told, don't worry we only take your card details!!! :loopy:

This is as bad as chuggers.

Like someone would give a stranger who rings their doorbell their credit card details?!!

In my neck of the woods, we get nicely dressed, earnest looking young men (mormons), or the ladies from the Foursquare Baptist church inquiring if we've heard the word of Jesus today.

A spate of them appear to be doing this now. They knock, then disappear to the next house after only waiting five seconds for you to answer the door.

I've just told them I never give money on the door step, only to be told, don't worry we only take your card details!!! :loopy:

This is as bad as chuggers.

Technically they ARE chuggers. Same people, same technique, same company no doubt. I've done a similar job when I was young and foolish so they get a polite "no thanks" rather than a gob full of abuse.

Like someone would give a stranger who rings their doorbell their credit card details?!!

But that's the only way people in the street have been giving to charities for years now and it's the only way they can. Unless it's for a poppy!!!

But that's the only way people in the street have been giving to charities for years now and it's the only way they can. Unless it's for a poppy!!!

no its not! There are lots of official charity collectors in town, I've donated twice today. There's also Pram Man who is always out and about.