Now should abortion be this illegal.

I never knew abortion in NI was actually illegal. I just thought it was not available unless you came over the water.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35969816

As for Precious Life - I use the term rarely but they sound like a right bunch of nutty religious bigots.

Saw that story earlier in another paper, I was slightly suspicious when it said she 'couldn't afford' to come to England to have the procedure done.

Can't you fly to Belfast for like £20 on some airlines??

...and then pay Marie Stopes £600+

Saw that story earlier in another paper, I was slightly suspicious when it said she 'couldn't afford' to come to England to have the procedure done.

Can't you fly to Belfast for like £20 on some airlines??

I think they have to pay privately for a termination also.

Lovely how her friends reported her to police, the sniveling little weasels.

I never knew abortion in NI was actually illegal. I just thought it was not available unless you came over the water.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-35969816

As for Precious Life - I use the term rarely but they sound like a right bunch of nutty religious bigots.

With friends liker hers who needs enemies?

The NI has some backward ideas they really do.

I think they have to pay privately for a termination also.

Really? with the NHS dishing out fake tits to girls who feel depressed because theirs look like two fried eggs nailed to a board?

blow me down

Lovely how her friends reported her to police, the sniveling little weasels.

The turmoil that this poor woman must have gone through prior to self terminating her pregnancy and afterwards ...... then to have to face court. It's unbelievably barbaric treatment in this day and age.

The women of Northern Ireland get a dreadful deal in all sorts of ways when it comes to reproductive health. There are even limits on availability of contraception (there may not be in law, but there are in practice, particularly in Catholic areas).

Criminalising a woman for simply trying to access something which is freely available to other women in the UK (whether a jail sentence is given or not) is despicable.

Even Trump back tracked on his view that women who have abortions should be punished. Does this mean that NI is even more reactionary than he?

Even Trump back tracked on his view that women who have abortions should be punished. Does this mean that NI is even more reactionary than he?

In all honesty, some parts probably are.

It's really unpleasant that this happens.

But, it's law and the law is ALWAYS right. :roll: That's why Adam Johnson was locked up and the occasional "SF loopy tunes" thinks that speeding is dangerous and evil.

Seriously though, I don't approve of terminations. I wouldn't do it and would try to persuade a partner of mine not to have a termination. But ultimately it is the woman's right to choose. Her body, her choice.