DNS problems .. help!

I'm scratching my head here. Hope someone can help or offer constructive suggestions...

I have a domain registered with 123-reg.co.uk. I'm managing the DNS there; so just setting mx records for email, a records for the website. Everything worked fine until I've just moved hosts (so had to change all the a records to point to new host).

Currently, I can access the site fine, from my iPad. I can change files on the server (new host), refresh browser on iPad, and see any changes I've made. So that works.

However, on my Mac and Windows 10 PC, not so much! They still seem to be trying to display the version of the site that's on the old host. I've tried flushing the DNS on Mac (

) but to no avail. What do I need to do to fully flush DNS and clear any cache on my Mac so it can correctly see the new version of the site? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

---------- Post added 14-05-2018 at 16:50 ----------

UPDATE...

Now have it working okay in Safari on Mac, just had to clear cache for the site. Presume it's same issue in Firefox.

---------- Post added 14-05-2018 at 18:15 ----------

UPDATE 2 - the mystery deepens!

After flushing DNS and clearing browser cache on the Mac, it was kinda fluctuating betwen loading the new site and the old site.

I've made changes to the hosts file on my Mac. The URLs for http://www.site.co.uk and site.co.uk both resolve to the IP of my new hosts' server. That works prefectly now, everytime. So definintly a DNS problem.

I'm wondering it I have it configured correctly.

On 123-reg.co.uk, in the advanced DNS settings for my domain, I have...

@	MX	1		ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.	
@	MX	5		ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE....	
@	MX	5		ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE....	
@	MX	10		ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.CO...	
@	MX	10		ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.CO...	
@	MX	10		ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.CO...	
@	MX	10		ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.CO...	
@	A			77.72.1.2	
www	A			77.72.1.2

Does that look okay?

It takes a while for the DNS records to propegate around the globe, just because your website and DNS is with 123reg, doesn't mean you'll be pulling the info from their servers, your ISP likely has it's own DNS cache, as does lots of places (such as Google)

it used to be advisory to wait up to 72hours for DNS changes to show globally, but i'd say it's more like 48 hours nowadays, unless the provider is very poor....

It takes a while for the DNS records to propegate around the globe, just because your website and DNS is with 123reg, doesn't mean you'll be pulling the info from their servers, your ISP likely has it's own DNS cache, as does lots of places (such as Google)

it used to be advisory to wait up to 72hours for DNS changes to show globally, but i'd say it's more like 48 hours nowadays, unless the provider is very poor....

Thanks Ghozer, looks like it's all starting to come through okay now.

I recently moved my DNS to Cloudflare both for my domains and for my home broadband.

Due to how you can toggle their service between proxying your website or plain DNS they seem to have low TTL which means changes you make are updated on all the cached records a lot quicker. It also means you can renew where your domain is actually purchased from (to take advantage of new customer offers) without having to fiddle around moving your DNS records.

For home broadband use, they also do not record personally identifiable records of which domains you have visited so cannot snoop on what you are doing like your ISP can. Obviously your ISP by its nature will always have a certain amount of information on what you have been doing, but IMO the less they know the better.