Adverts that annoy..

Just watched the Elton John/ John Lewis advert on Ch 5

Do people really look at this and say ‘I’m off to Waitrose tomorrow’ ?

I’m a bloke, so may have a different perspective, Nothing, absolutely nothing, encourages me to go to John Lewis as a result of this advert.

I’m a bloke, so may have a different perspective, Nothing, absolutely nothing, encourages me to go to John Lewis as a result of this advert.

And John Lewis don't sell pianos either.

Insurance advert.............

It's June dad...... AARGH !!! :gag:

Gross

:gag:

Probably not. But I suspect that is not the specific aim of the advert.

What it has created instead is a phenomena where without having to pay a penny to them, national newspapers, internet forums, social media, bloggers, vloggers, reactionists, people in the office, people on the bus and people in the pub are all talking about it.

Retweets, postings, discussions, comparisons, youtube clips, articles, features......over and over and over are saying two little words "John Lewis"

The advert itself doesn't say thou must come immediately to John Lewis. Its the storm that surrounds it which plants the store in everyone's head.

The simple test of this..... of the 100 or so Department Store companies in the UK, what is the one that everyone is talking about.

When people are thinking department store, what is the one that instantly is in thier minds.

That's the goal.

Trivento adverts on Quest. That bunch of smarmy <removed> doing absolutely nothing them grinning cheesily.

Edited by nikki-red

Trivento adverts on Quest. That bunch of smarmy <removed> doing absolutely nothing them grinning cheesily.

That’s my current pet hate as well.Some ad agency thought that up and presumably Trivento associated with these inane self congratulating <removed>.

Why?

Edited by nikki-red

Lots of adverts don't push a particular product or feature. They are intended to build an empathy and a subliminal feeling towards the shop or brand.

The Claudia Winkelman ad that seems to be advertising her own name.

---------- Post added 17-11-2018 at 19:22 ----------

I like that advert :huh:

Especially when that hairy biker dude says he wants to be a princess when he grows up :hihi:

Have we got gender fluidity quotas now?

Sun Bingo.

The singing chav woman...jesus why?! :rant:

I second that, I turn the TV over and channel hop as soon as it comes on. The Bud light ad, what is all the dilly dilly rubbish it really annoys me.

All adverts are annoying they spoil a good film. Thats why I got Netflix. :rant: