Tunnels under Sheffield

I think you are talking about Megatron. The name given to e storm drains under Sheffield. Look it up on Google by typing in Megatron Sheffield. You will be amazed.

im wondering if anybody can help me find the entrance to this tunnnel and is it accessable many thanks would love to explore

---------- Post added 27-01-2018 at 19:12 ----------

thank you guys for quick responds anybody can pm me easy location access to any be much appriciated

If you look on YouTube a guy called Patrick Dickinson has done a video on it.

I have read somewhere about a tunnel in the cellar of one of the pubs. Think it might be old crown.

No it's under cross keys public house it went to finchwell farm on finchwelll road then on to manor castle . Mary queen of scots is rumoured to have used it

No it's under cross keys public house it went to finchwell farm on finchwelll road then on to manor castle . Mary queen of scots is rumoured to have used it

I'm surprised Mary queen of scots wasn't called Mary queen of South Yorkshire and surrounding districts! There can't be a tavern or large house round these parts she wasn't rumoured to have stayed at!

Tinfoilhat do you know Handsworth if you do you would know about the cross keys

I was a pupil at St Joseph's Handsworth in the early 1960s and someone told us about a tunnel under the garage/car sales place next door, which was derelict at the time.

Me and a mate climbed inside and found the tunnel leading out from the cellars. It was brick lined but full of cobwebs and dark and scary for an 8 year old! (If my mum had known (RIP)). We took torches back but only went in a few feet.

Did her Majesty nip over to Handsworth from the Wybourn for a couple or three snifters ?

Yes you are right. Found it again on Sheffield history website. It also refers to tunnels to the church.

I'm surprised Mary queen of scots wasn't called Mary queen of South Yorkshire and surrounding districts! There can't be a tavern or large house round these parts she wasn't rumoured to have stayed at!

Years ago, I happened to be working near Loch Leven in East Fife.

On a Sunday walk (everybody used to go for Sunday walks, before there was TV)

An old gentlemen points at an old ruin on the island, and said, "That's where Mary, Queen of Scots, escaped from".

There are amost as many MQOS prisons as there are Cromwell pubs!