Aldi meadowhall retail park closing down?

We went in Bargain Buys today, young lass on the till was near to tears,telling us it was closing.

Not surprised she was in tears, having to cope with this lot:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/video-huge-argument-erupts-at-sheffield-discount-store-as-shoppers-accused-of-skipping-four-hour-queues-1-8710483

Stay classy, Sheffielders :)

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/video-huge-argument-erupts-at-sheffield-discount-store-as-shoppers-accused-of-skipping-four-hour-queues-1-8710483

Looks like the queue for a United Colours Of Benetton advert, Sheffield style.

The poor girl must be suicidal now, I went on Friday morning and the behaviour of the East Europeans and the ladies who were covered up was appalling. Scooping arms full of goods into large trollies grabbing everything they could, according to staff some walked out without paying.Their ruthless selfishness and greed had to be seem to be believed. The problems mentioned in the Star article was caused by the immigrants. Before the sanctimonious do-gooders start slinging racism. It's true, I was there and saw it myself. My daughter in law went at 1000 and after queueing left at 1130 so I don't believe the 4 hour wait.

Yes it was busy but the majority waited patiently, they could see the staff were doing their best. All the staff deserved a medal as big as a frying pan for what they had to put with. Best of luck to them all.

Looks like the queue for a United Colours Of Benetton advert, Sheffield style.

The poor girl must be suicidal now, I went on Friday morning and the behaviour of the East Europeans and the ladies who were covered up was appalling. Scooping arms full of goods into large trollies grabbing everything they could, according to staff some walked out without paying.Their ruthless selfishness and greed had to be seem to be believed. The problems mentioned in the Star article was caused by the immigrants. Before the sanctimonious do-gooders start slinging racism. It's true, I was there and saw it myself. My daughter in law went at 1000 and after queueing left at 1130 so I don't believe the 4 hour wait.

Yes it was busy but the majority waited patiently, they could see the staff were doing their best. All the staff deserved a medal as big as a frying pan for what they had to put with. Best of luck to them all.

Meadowhall Retail Park has deteriorated in recent years, almost as badly as the city centre did from the 1990s to the present day (e.g. House of Fraser became T J Hughes became Poundland).

The Retail Park had some classy (er, I mean expensive . . .) shops several years ago. Now it's graced by at least three bargain basement stores and several empty shops.

You can't blame the immigrants for the fact that Sheffield has no nice shops, can you?

Sheffielders of all nationalities want cheap, bargain basement shops, and that's what we have.

Like it or not, we get the shops we deserve.

This thread is about Aldi, not immigration. Back on topic please.

If you have any questions regarding moderation, please contact the Helpdesk.

I don't blame immigrants for Sheffield not having nice shops. I do blame them for their appalling behaviour and refusing to conform with our ways in the shops we have. I blame the council and government for letting them in and allowing them to do as they like without repercussions because of fears of racism and they know it. They should be adapting to our culture and heritage we should not be bending to theirs.

Firstly, us british natives can behave just as badly during a discount frenzy or sale time. Have you seen the dozens of youtube clips of behaviour during Black Friday or the stempede that occurs everytime there is a new Primark sod all to do with immigrants.

As for conforming to a culture and heritage, shall we hold a mirror up to brits abroad. You know the ones who go to those funny foreign supermarkets or restaurants demanding that the waiter they only seems to be able to call Pedro speaks EN-GER-LISH. You know, the ones who point and laugh at the funny named things on the menu demanding their fried breakfasts and cans of Skol for breakfast.

Think we need to have a good look at ourselves before we start setting demands for others.

like it or not, we get the shops we deserve.

How do we get them and in what way does one 'deserve' a specific shop at all?

More to the point, by what mechanism would we get shops that we do deserve and don't yet have?

Old fashioned expensive upper class shops are decreasing. Bargain stores are increasing. We bought three bday cards for £9 at Waitrose this weekend we could have gotten for £2 on moor. The price difference doesn't show in quality when looking at the cards. And we are more stupid than not upper class for being too lazy to go to the moor.

It has been over ten months and that location where the Aldi used to be is still boarded up now.

It has been over ten months and that location where the Aldi used to be is still boarded up now.

Oak furniture land are supposed to be opening there.

Oak furniture land are supposed to be opening there.

Thought that was going where the old discount uk shop was

Thought that was going where the old discount uk shop was

That right price I think it was called that was owned by pound world has been split in to two and one was supposed to be a mattress shop but they pulled out as carpet right was supposed to be closing in September. The mattress shop might reconsider now it might be staying open.