Let the public go up Keppels column.

sadly, at the moment, Aim, it's structurally unsafe, so the public cannot go up the folly, and enjoy the views.

Go up Hoober stand instead it,s not too far away, open Sunday afternoons in the Summer fabulous 360 degree views for miles & miles especially on a clear day.

The Town hall tower galleries would be a good money spinner for the council if opened but I've been reliably informed it's non too safe up there either,

we have just moved to thorpe hesley and have a fantastic view of the column, it would be great for the area to open it up

Go up Hoober stand instead it,s not too far away, open Sunday afternoons in the Summer fabulous 360 degree views for miles & miles especially on a clear day.

The Town hall tower galleries would be a good money spinner for the council if opened but I've been reliably informed it's non too safe up there either,

Been up a few times,like you say fabulous views.

i rememeber having arguements with my grandad about it. he used to say scholes coppice i said kepple's column. this went on for years. untl we found all the details out

Was always popular with youngsters drinking and doing drugs when I was a teen

what for apart from a good view over the don valley, over towards doncaster. why would anyone want to go up there it's falling down and very dangerous, it needs a couple of million spending on it,it was only built on a whim of some rich bloke for his missis

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Keppels_Column.jpg

As long as it is safe I think the public should be allowed up Keppels Column to view what must be an amazing view all round. I dont know who would run it and manage it, but think it would make a great attraction.

As long as they don't mess about with Nelson's collum, thats ok, because thats Winnies property. :hihi:

Edited by regatta

I've been up it a few times when I was a kid.....wouldn't even make 3 steps now though :hihi:

what for apart from a good view over the don valley, over towards doncaster. why would anyone want to go up there it's falling down and very dangerous, it needs a couple of million spending on it,it was only built on a whim of some rich bloke for his missis

Always thought it was built to commemorate the aquital of admiral keppel.