★ Islam awareness week 2011 ★

Hello Sheffielders! Next week is Islam Awareness Week 2011! This is your chance to come and find out more about Islam, listen to thought provoking talks and challenge any misconceptions. The University Islamic Circle have arranged for a number of world renowned speakers to come on the following dates ;

- Monday Feb 21st : "Jesus: Prophet of Islam" by Adnan Rasheed - PLUS hear a reverts story from Christianity to Islam!

- Tuesday Feb 22nd : "Life Without God?" by Hamza Tzortzis

- Thursday Feb 24th : "Does Science make God impossible?" by Adam Deen

All lectures are at the Medical School @ 6.00 pm, next to the Royal Hallamshire hospital. There will be extended opportunities for Q&A.

These events are open to everyone and we strongly encourage ALL people to attend and bring your family and friends. Come along and challenge your beliefs !

Any queries please post below.

See you there!

USIC.

They've been going really well. More 100+ people turned out. Its a shame you missed it!

They've been going really well. More 100+ people turned out. Its a shame you missed it!

Well you put it on at a time that is impossible for me to attend - what can I say? You never did tell me how I could make time :-)

Of those 100 people who attended (was that per event, or in total btw?), what percentage would you say were religious before they came, and what percentage were non-religious? Did anyone convert, do you know?

I went to this event. Would not discuss gay Muslims. Why? If your gay according to them your not a Muslim. Oh and the revert thing is offensive.