Black cabs banned from the dog track

Owlerton dog track is again banning black cabs unless Pre booked.you have to show your booking screen but, if you are an illegal private hire who is unbooked then that's ok you can pick up (without showing a screen)their customers and take them home illegally and uninsured,how thoughtful of them!. I call it pathetic!.on asking why they said because they get too many.so why not let a few in at a time ask I?.blank faces '

How stupid of them.....I would have thought a string of black cabs queueing up for business there would attract punters. Maybe the railway station will follow suit!

Guest busdriver1

There must be a reason for this action, maybe one that the black cab trade dont wish to discuss honestly.

As for the illegal private hire cars - evidence?

Maybe the railway station will follow suit!

Owlerton dog track is private property. Cross Turner Street to the south of the station is a public highway.

Owlerton dog track is private property. Cross Turner Street to the south of the station is a public highway.

Mine was not a serious comment....more to highlight the sense of the dog track's decision.

they don't realise that if they start doing this with the festive season around the corner it may put customers off from going there; if they can't get a taxi in a reasonable a mount of time to home etc

There must be a reason for this action, maybe one that the black cab trade dont wish to discuss honestly.

As for the illegal private hire cars - evidence?

Friday night 11pm ,after showing my screen on my mobile phone (text)to prove that I have a legitimate booking they reluctantly allow me to stay,immediately their patrons come up to me and try to get in.a 5 seater party ask me I say sorry the staff won't let black cabs in ,you have to walk to the road. Meanwhile city private hire cars stream without any checks. One of them lands next to me with his windows down.The said party of 5 ask if he will take them into town,he says he can only take 4,the fifth one walks over to one of the many others and gets in with him.Evidence?,Evidence?.Every weekend at the dogs.

Friday night 11pm ,after showing my screen on my mobile phone (text)to prove that I have a legitimate booking they reluctantly allow me to stay,immediately their patrons come up to me and try to get in.a 5 seater party ask me I say sorry the staff won't let black cabs in ,you have to walk to the road. Meanwhile city private hire cars stream without any checks. One of them lands next to me with his windows down.The said party of 5 ask if he will take them into town,he says he can only take 4,the fifth one walks over to one of the many others and gets in with him.Evidence?,Evidence?.Every weekend at the dogs.

If PH are taking unbooked jobs then report them to licensing.

Mod Note

Posts have been removed for alleging illegal behaviour.

If you wish to make allegations of illegal behaviour kindly do so on a forum where you alone bear the costs of any legal actions.

i pretty sure they have a deal with city taxi .for there customers and staff get very cheep taxis on account

I Wont use Black cabs not many of drivers are very pleasant and its more pricey I find

Isn't it a bit dangerous for the dogs having black cabs on the dog track :huh: