Two Sheds micropub, Crookes

I visited on Friday evening and I would say it's definitely an asset to Crookes. There are 4 cask, 4 keg lines, and a fridge for craft bottles and cans. Beer selection leans toward the craft side, especially in the fridge. There are some photos of the place in the Drinking Craft Beer in Sheffield facebook group if anyone wants a look. In any case, decent enough for saying they've just opened.

Just a couple of minor things for me - firstly with a lot of people in it's *loud*, due to the hard floor, ceilings, windows and walls bouncing the sound around. Could be alleviated by more soft furnishings, and stuff on the walls, which I'm sure will happen over time. The other thing is there is a lot of space behind the bar, it would just need to be a couple of feet further back and they'd fit more people in the pub!

Hoping to pop in this afternoon.

If they are obsessed with projecting beardy craft credentials they won't do any soft furnishings as that would ruin it for them. Never mind us of course, the actual customers.

If they are obsessed with projecting beardy craft credentials they won't do any soft furnishings as that would ruin it for them. Never mind us of course, the actual customers.

Have you visited? No? Then you're not an 'actual customer'.

It's very nice. The range of beers was great and at reasonable prices and there are also spirits and mixers for those who prefer that.

A definite asset to Crookes and a welcome change from the Greene King chain pubs up there.

Is this the old Cafe Iberico?

On corner of Crookes and Toftwood Road.

Guest makapaka

Yes it is.

Do they have any good wine?

Just a couple of minor things for me - firstly with a lot of people in it's *loud*, due to the hard floor, ceilings, windows and walls bouncing the sound around. Could be alleviated by more soft furnishings, and stuff on the walls, which I'm sure will happen over time. The other thing is there is a lot of space behind the bar, it would just need to be a couple of feet further back and they'd fit more people in the pub!

I know the owner really well and actually helped with some of the shopfitting. The bar being where it is annoys the owner as much as anyone else, but we built it that way out of necessity. It can't be any further back towards the rear wall because of where the cellar head is. We already had to make modifications to the original cellar door (which is in the middle of the floor), and where it opens now would be a health hazard if it weren't for the bar protecting it - the bar essentially wraps around the cellar opening, stopping people from falling in. It's quite funny when you are in there and a member of staff comes out of the cellar because it's as if they are magically appearing from seemingly nowhere.

Stuff on the walls and soft furnishings will be coming, as well as more shelves for beer around the walls, and the whole of the back bar. The owner just wanted to get open, so all that polishing will come with time...

---------- Post added 14-10-2018 at 21:12 ----------

Do they have any good wine?

There is a range of wine, at different price points - two reds, two whites, a rose and prosecco.

I know the owner really well and actually helped with some of the shopfitting. The bar being where it is annoys the owner as much as anyone else, but we built it that way out of necessity. It can't be any further back towards the rear wall because of where the cellar head is. We already had to make modifications to the original cellar door (which is in the middle of the floor), and where it opens now would be a health hazard if it weren't for the bar protecting it - the bar essentially wraps around the cellar opening, stopping people from falling in. It's quite funny when you are in there and a member of staff comes out of the cellar because it's as if they are magically appearing from seemingly nowhere.

Stuff on the walls and soft furnishings will be coming, as well as more shelves for beer around the walls, and the whole of the back bar. The owner just wanted to get open, so all that polishing will come with time...

That's interesting info, thanks. Was in there again on Saturday afternoon when it wasn't as busy as the Friday night, and it was a nice relaxed place to be. Particularly enjoyed the NEIPA on cask!

I had a few in there last night, very pleasant it was too after deciding against the noise in the Ball.

I know the owner really well and actually helped with some of the shopfitting.

Nice work. Out of mild curiosity, how are the tables bolted down? There's no screws in the legs but they're well secured somehow. That's probably the most boring question ever asked on this forum, but I am very boring.

Also: many of the chairs remind of my old school's chairs but that school was destroyed many years ago (hooray!). Where did they come from?

Great asset to Crookes, agreed.

Particularly enjoyed the NEIPA on cask!

Me too, that was my first NEIPA and not my last.