Simon Yates wins Vuelta 2018

Great to see a Grand Tour win by a Britain without all the negativity that is around Team Sky.

Great story building up to this win and maybe he is threat for the Tour de France next year.

Yes, what a rider, so small but WOW the heart of a lion.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Vuelta !

He reminded me very much of Contador when he attacked. Chapeau to him.

Yates rode brilliantly but I can't see him being a massive threat at next year's Tour de France. I think despite how well he rode a lot of things also fell nicely for him. Sky didn't take anyone who was a realistic GC contender, Quintana doesn't look anything like the rider of a couple of years ago, I don't think Valverde is quite good enough now, Mas and Lopez may both end up as grand tour winners but are both still very young. I think with a full strength Sky team he'd have too much pressure put on him and crack as he did in the Giro. Still a great ride though.

Yates rode brilliantly but I can't see him being a massive threat at next year's Tour de France. I think despite how well he rode a lot of things also fell nicely for him. Sky didn't take anyone who was a realistic GC contender, Quintana doesn't look anything like the rider of a couple of years ago, I don't think Valverde is quite good enough now, Mas and Lopez may both end up as grand tour winners but are both still very young. I think with a full strength Sky team he'd have too much pressure put on him and crack as he did in the Giro. Still a great ride though.

I agree.

Its the course they put together. It's not chance that it was the Vuelta that he won. History shows that the home organisation will put together a course that suits their best rider. In the Boardman years the prologue got longer and longer to handicap him. I'm loving it that whatever Tour course they put together the UK, Thomas, Froome or Yates, will have a good chance to win it.