Lack of response from Julie Dore

Has anyone else tried to email Julie Dore regarding an issue. I emailed my local MP and they responded promptly, but as yet no response from the office of the leader of Sheffield City Council. I've heard horror stories from people who have had responses to queries that don't even relate to the topic that was initially put forward. I can't wait for the day when she loses as she is utterly useless.

Has anyone else tried to email Julie Dore regarding an issue. I emailed my local MP and they responded promptly, but as yet no response from the office of the leader of Sheffield City Council. I've heard horror stories from people who have had responses to queries that don't even relate to the topic that was initially put forward. I can't wait for the day when she loses as she is utterly useless.

I don't know why you're singling out Julie Dore, the entire Sheffield Council is useless. And will probably continue to be so unless we vote in a decent, oppositional, and go-getting person as Mayor who will stir things up...

But what's the betting we get another useless ex Labour Councillor in the job.

You have been warned...

we need to have this city on knife edge pardon the pun,because when labour have a clear lead ,they do what they want ,not what the people who elected them want,so vote lib/dem and you will find that if its close whoevers in power will work better for the public than it is now.

I don't know why you're singling out Julie Dore, the entire Sheffield Council is useless. And will probably continue to be so unless we vote in a decent, oppositional, and go-getting person as Mayor who will stir things up...

But what's the betting we get another useless ex Labour Councillor in the job.

You have been warned...

On the whole, I sadly have to agree.

However, I must say that in my dealings - Not ALL of them are useless. I did think Cllr Ibrar Hussain and Cllr Ian Auckland were excellent - extremely dedicated and highly efficient.

Edited by Lex Luthor

we need to have this city on knife edge pardon the pun,because when labour have a clear lead ,they do what they want ,not what the people who elected them want,so vote lib/dem and you will find that if its close whoevers in power will work better for the public than it is now.

I agree.

I also wish more Sheffield people would attend council meetings and take the council to task over issues they disagree with. Anyone can attend and you can ask tabled questions, which the councillors have to reply to publicly. (Bit like question time.) Also write to your councillors, go to see them at their monthly surgeries, and keep on top of them. Take an interest.

We have to take local politics seriously, it affects everyone's daily life. If we don't, we will get what we deserve and they will get away with murder...

I agree.

I also wish more Sheffield people would attend council meetings and take the council to task over issues they disagree with. Anyone can attend and you can ask tabled questions, which the councillors have to reply to publicly. (Bit like question time.) Also write to your councillors, go to see them at their monthly surgeries, and keep on top of them. Take an interest.

We have to take local politics seriously, it affects everyone's daily life. If we don't, we will get what we deserve and they will get away with murder...

Very good point. We tend to get the politicians we deserve - but not always - with the first past the post system and gerrymandering!

I am interested in your suggestion which I have put in bold.

Do you have any more information on this? How does one go about this? Do you just turn up? Do you have to submit questions a while beforehand formally?

Very good point. We tend to get the politicians we deserve - but not always - with the first past the post system and gerrymandering!

I am interested in your suggestion which I have put in bold.

Do you have any more information on this? How does one go about this? Do you just turn up? Do you have to submit questions a while beforehand formally?

You can just attend a Full Council Meeting in good time and advise the Clerk that you wish to ask a question:

http://democracy.sheffield.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=154

They do suggest that you may wish to advise them of your question in advance if you wish to receive a more comprehensive reply.

Has anyone else tried to email Julie Dore ....

she is utterly useless.

I don't know this woman so I would not like to comment on how useful she is however, I do know people in the public sector who receive well over 1000 emails every single day and they are far less prominent than her.

For them it is a massive source of frustration and completely impossible to read or reply to them all.

If you think you can contact someone in an important position by email and sort out an issue I think you are being extremely naïve.

I'd suggest going to a council meeting as the very sensible cgk says above.

I don't know this woman so I would not like to comment on how useful she is however, I do know people in the public sector who receive well over 1000 emails every single day and they are far less prominent than her.

For them it is a massive source of frustration and completely impossible to read or reply to them all.

If you think you can contact someone in an important position by email and sort out an issue I think you are being extremely naïve.

I'd suggest going to a council meeting as the very sensible cgk says above.

I'd be inclined to write to her. If I got a huge load of emails everyday asking questions, and only a few in writing (these days more likely), I know which ones I'd deal with first.

Has anyone else tried to email Julie Dore regarding an issue. I emailed my local MP and they responded promptly, but as yet no response from the office of the leader of Sheffield City Council.

You'd be better off e-mailing your ward councillors - they are your first line of contact - same as you'd contact your MP not the Prime Minister.

You'd be better off e-mailing your ward councillors - they are your first line of contact - same as you'd contact your MP not the Prime Minister.

But the "Strong Leader" model that Sheffield Council has chosen means that the most you usually get from ward councillors is the party line because they are terrified of the repercussions of disagreeing with Their Glorious Leader.