You can tell you're in Sheffield when...

Why is it that you can go on a lovely day out to Bridlington, have a good journey there, forget all your troubles, sit on the beach, walk round the shops,eat fish and chips sat on the harbour wall come all the way back to Junction 35 / M1...........

and less than a minute later as you go down hill towards Chapletown the potholes / craters in the road let you know your back as your teeth chatter, your fish and chips try to escape from your body and the kids want to know why the rides at Brid arn't as good............

:(

You noticed then?:)

Worst city for pot holes in the uk.

They did some work on what must be one of the worst roads in Sheffield, Ranmoor Cliffe Road. Two men with a wheelbarrow came along and filled in some of the worst potholes. I think it's disgraceful, and a bit of a pisstake really, seeing as locals have been campaing for ages to get the road resurfaced. It's no better now, cause there's lumps where the holes have been filled in, instead of just holes.

I've seen lots of yellow spray paint around some of the worst holes near me, and i'm wondering if they're gonna do the same to those. I heard that the council was asking for some money from the government to sort out our roads. Is this it?

It's also annoying when I go over hillsborough way, and they have nice newly surfaced roads, which were in a better state than most anyway.

It is completely pointless putting little bits of tarmac in potholes, as soon as we get any rain the new tar just crumbles up and washes away anyway! There is a pothole outside my house and the council have filled it twice this year alone!

I think Sheffield City Council should save money and instead of buying speed humps just leave the roads as they are. :rant:

It's annoying because cars will suffer wear and tear quicker in Sheffield than other places.

Every time I drive visiting relatives through Sheffield they always comment about the roads. Roads which I've pretty much got used to now, but to them seem like 3rd world roads.

... People say "your" when they mean "you are" ?

I don't think a person's spelling/grammar ability is really any reason to add to a thread, Ken. Not everyone is perfect.

It's annoying because cars will suffer wear and tear quicker in Sheffield than other places.

Someone told me that Buses in Sheffield have a life of something like a third of that in other place. Although with the age of some of the busses which they still use, I'm not sure I believe it.

I don't think a person's spelling/grammar ability is really any reason to add to a thread, Ken. Not everyone is perfect.

I was adding to the thread. One of the ways you know you are in Sheffield is that the English language takes a nosedive.

I was adding to the thread. One of the ways you know you are in Sheffield is that the English language takes a nosedive.

oh shut up and stop bringing people down cus of thier english i never put punctuation in cus i simply cant be bothered! if it bothers u that much read a book instead of threads:rant:

oh shut up and stop bringing people down cus of thier english i never put punctuation in cus i simply cant be bothered! if it bothers u that much read a book instead of threads:rant:

I think KenH may have a point in your case then (and maybe mine, I do make the odd spelling mistake from time to time).

If that's Ken's view then you shouldn't tell him to shut up, he's on a public forum contributing towards a discussion on how to tell when you are in Sheffield and appears to have made a valid point.

I think KenH may have a point in your case then (and maybe mine, I do make the odd spelling mistake from time to time).

If that's Ken's view then you shouldn't tell him to shut up, he's on a public forum contributing towards a discussion on how to tell when you are in Sheffield and appears to have made a valid point.

if he can tell people what to do so can i so i. he doesnt have a point at all cus if people want to put it in proper english they will its not kenh's place to say whether they should or shouldnt! so my opinion stays.