"The Make Do and Mend Makeover"- Bird's Yard, Sat 10th August

"The Make Do and Mend Makeover featuring Imogen's Imagination and Sam Justice Wheeler MUA"

Saturday 10th August sees a Make Do and Mend event at Bird's Yard with a bit of a twist.

Imogen's Imagination will be running a "Hat Hospital" to resuscitate your hats that need a bit of TLC and Sam Justice Wheeler- Makeup Artist will be on hand for tutorials in how to make the very best of your "Marvellous Make-up Bag".

To book an appointment on the day simply email info@imogensimagination.co.uk

In addition to a the expert advice and assistance from Sophie and Sam, every client who books in for a slot with us at the "The Make Do and Mend Makeover" will be offered a free glass of fizz!

To find out the full details of the services offered on the day, simply keep read on via the FB event page! :)

Price List for "The Hat Hospital" with Imogen's Imagination

Re-shaping: £15

Cleaning: £15-£25 (dependant on whether a deeper clean is required)

Re-trim- Additional Feathers x6: £15

Re-trim- Additional Feathers x12: £25

Re-trim- Flowers: Price on application due to the variety of options available.

Re-trim- Additional Veiling: £15

Full Re-work of Hat- Price on application

As ever, all advice and consultation time happily given for free and these services also apply to MEN's hats too!

Price List for "My Marvellous Make-up Bag" with Sam Justice Wheeler- Makeup Artist

Foundation and Cover-up Tutorial: £10

Eyes and Brow Tutorial: £10

False Lashes Application Tutorial: £15 (Includes lashes)

Blusher and Contouring Tutorial: £10

Lips Tutorial: £10

Full Make-Over: £15 (1hr session)

Full Make-Over with False Lashes: £20 (1hr session)

All advice and consultation time happily given for free

*Please note that these tutorial prices are hugely discounted from Sam's usual rates and this is an amazing offer for this event only!*

Ack! My mum just sent me a cool but bedraggled hat she had in her attic, but I can't make that Saturday.... will you be doing this again?

Ack! My mum just sent me a cool but bedraggled hat she had in her attic, but I can't make that Saturday.... will you be doing this again?

oh no, thats a shame :(

hopefully, yes...but definitely if we get a good turnout!

if youd like to have a chat about the hat before we plan that far ahead, just drop me an email to info@imogensimagination.co.uk and we can sort out an appointment for you :)

hope this helps,

x

So with Sam's make-up tutorials, would I bring along my own bag of make-up so she can show me how best to use the items I have (& whether they are the right shades etc)?

(Just wanted to check I was reading it right!) :)

thats about the sum of it :)

ive had my make-up done at various concessions and its always been about the hard sell "you must have this product" or "this new product is great because it does this"...you won't get any of that at these tutorial sessions.

it may be that by using a different brush or application technique or a make-up product that would be a good investment to add to your make-up bag so you can really make the most of what you already have.

maybe you've got an eyeshadow that you love the colour of (in the box!) but you've not known how to apply it.

or maybe you'd love to try false lashes but don't know where to start with them.

or maybe you just want a bit of pampering with products you know, trust and want to look fab on saturday night when you go out!

if any to any of the questions about is yes, then saturday's evnt is a great opportunity to book for for some expert advice :)

x

what a great idea, :-) birds yard is one of my favourite shops.

what a great idea, :-) birds yard is one of my favourite shops.

its one of mine too :P

hope youll be able to visit on saturday...turns out we are going to be having live music courtesy of Early Cartographers and Early Morning Sheiks as a double set at 2:30 and 3pm for City Centre Sessions too!

x

The whole day sounds great. Will any of this be going on YouTube? Hope you're going to take lots of pictures. Good luck x

---------- Post added 08-08-2013 at 23:37 ----------

Will you be doing it again ? I'm on holiday :( I'd love to learn how to put my make up on without looking like a drag queen. I used to be a punk / rocker in youth and the heavy eye make up doesn't look good on a 45 year old face. I'm not ready for pastels or beige but have no idea what direction to go. Hopefully you will have another lovely do like this, good luck x

The whole day sounds great. Will any of this be going on YouTube? Hope you're going to take lots of pictures. Good luck x

Will you be doing it again ? I'm on holiday :( I'd love to learn how to put my make up on without looking like a drag queen. I used to be a punk / rocker in youth and the heavy eye make up doesn't look good on a 45 year old face. I'm not ready for pastels or beige but have no idea what direction to go. Hopefully you will have another lovely do like this, good luck x

hey debra,

im afraid we wont be filiming any of it, but there will definitely be photos :)

as i mentioned to dark_moomin a few posts back, if we get a good response we would love to do this again.

there are still places available to book if this interests any other forum readers out there :)

x