Pink dolphin balloon, Stannington.

Has anybody happened upon a large pink dolphin balloon in Stannington? If so let me know because its my daughters and she is quite upset at accidentally letting blow away.

was it full of helium?

Yes but our lass did attach something to it which weighted it down a bit but the wind still took it.

No one noticed that it had gone straight away, it had at least 5 minutes before I noticed it gone and started looking for it, It can't have gone too far.

Has anybody happened upon a large pink dolphin balloon in Stannington? If so let me know because its my daughters and she is quite upset at accidentally letting blow away.

I know how you feel about that one.

Many years ago my son bought one...a big blue shark whilst we were on holiday at Skegness (we lived in London then)....and he insisted on taking it everywhere...and tied it at night to the end of his bed.

It was a complete nightmare getting it back to London....on 2 trains...and in a taxi...but we did.

I hope your daughter finds it....I have a friend in Stannington...I will ring him and ask him to keep a look out :)

I know how you feel about that one.

Many years ago my son bought one...a big blue shark whilst we were on holiday at Skegness (we lived in London then)....and he insisted on taking it everywhere...and tied it at night to the end of his bed.

It was a complete nightmare getting it back to London....on 2 trains...and in a taxi...but we did.

I hope your daughter finds it....I have a friend in Stannington...I will ring him and ask him to keep a look out :)

Thanks for that.

Yes but our lass did attach something to it which weighted it down a bit but the wind still took it.

No one noticed that it had gone straight away, it had at least 5 minutes before I noticed it gone and started looking for it, It can't have gone too far.

Not your daughter then?There has been something on the news about planes been re-directed from Manchester because of a UFO.

Not your daughter then?There has been something on the news about planes been re-directed from Manchester because of a UFO.

It was my daughters fault for talking outside when she was tol to leave it inside, but you know what kids are like :roll:

Might be coincidence, but yesterday i was in a house in Dronfield and my son started laughing saying a 'weired' pink balloon just went past the window. He couldn't describe exactly what the balloon was except it was pink with dark eyes!! He just thought it strange whizzing past the window!

about planes been re-directed from Manchester

Isn't there some requirement to notify air traffic control when stuff like this gets into the air? :confused:

John X