Help in the home parking

I am not against home help people parking in front of my house when visiting a neighbour across the road. I do however wonder if there is some guidance somewhere to suggest that carers do not park in front of their subjects house.

I can appreciate that if a doctor or ambulance may be required then they could park more easily but this does not happen enough in order to warrant the practice.

Is there anyone who works in home care that can shed some light on this please.

I suppose everything would be allright if everybody could park outside thier own property. Often the road outside our property is blocked solid with parked cars which I have no problem with. They can legally park where they like. It just means I may have to walk a couple of hundred yards or so away.

I am not against home help people parking in front of my house when visiting a neighbour across the road. I do however wonder if there is some guidance somewhere to suggest that carers do not park in front of their subjects house.

I can appreciate that if a doctor or ambulance may be required then they could park more easily but this does not happen enough in order to warrant the practice.

I'd be more interested in where to find guidance as to who can or cannot park on the public highway.

I suppose everything would be allright if everybody could park outside thier own property. Often the road outside our property is blocked solid with parked cars which I have no problem with. They can legally park where they like. It just means I may have to walk a couple of hundred yards or so away.

I wish the mardy gits where I park when I go to work were more like you! I think that road has the highest proportion of disabled people in the country living on it going by the 'polite notices' in most of the windows :hihi:

I'd be more interested in where to find guidance as to who can or cannot park on the public highway.

If there are no parking restrictions and generally they are not blocking access, a taxed vehicle can park anywhere on a public street. You don’t own the road outside your property.

If there are no parking restrictions and generally they are not blocking access, a taxed vehicle can park anywhere on a public street. You don’t own the road outside your property.

That was my point.

I have notice the reluctance of some people visiting houses to park outside the house they are visiting, always wondered if it’s in case they get upset that a family member won’t be able to park there and they might not get the job or a bad customer review etc.

No, there is no such guidance. It's most likely to be the easiest place to park considering the direction they are travelling in.

Why are you bothered?