Windows 10 update on 32 GB laptop - Not enough space

The bad practice is not reading or understanding the OPs post where it states "people ridiculing the 32 gb, not really any solutions- so not helpful." Sigh!

Perhaps I should have been clearer. The eMMC notebooks are effectively damaging to the environment as once they have died, what can be recycled from them? At least with an old notebook you could get a new drive and possibly more memory. I would be tempted to but Antix-17 32-bot on it as it only uses 256 Mb RAM so would fly - but then again, aren't these pieces of kit got UEFI hardwired into them with no legacy options in BIOS?

Thanks for the suggestions and help. Amazingly (and I don't know how), but I tried again to update today, with an external hard drive (1TB), just plugged in before I switched on - not altering any commands, and after 2 hours it finally updated, with no message of insufficient storage. The only difference is the external HDD was plugged in before I turned the laptop on, previously I have plugged it in after receiving the message of insufficient storage.

So for me, Problem Solved!!

Thanks.

The problem with almost all of these 32gb units is they use eMMC storage, its basically a permanently soldered to the motherboard and not designed to be upgraded.