RIP Charles Aznavour . Wow ! Some voice !

R.I.P. Charles Aznavour . What a voice ! Called The French Frank Sinatra ! Not really. Two different types of singers. But very emotional voice.

R.I.P. Charles Aznavour . What a voice ! Called The French Frank Sinatra ! Not really. Two different types of singers. But very emotional voice.
........wonder why he was always refered to as Charles Asnavoice!:P

I found his voice extraordinary sexy . What do you think ladies ?

To be fair, the sexiness could only have been measured if you had also heard him singing in German or another of the languages that people really seem to find less attractive. Half of the battle is singing in French really, isn't it?

Here you go Patricia, he is singing for you

Here you go Patricia, he is singing for you

Thank you Mike.! :love:

To be fair, the sexiness could only have been measured if you had also heard him singing in German or another of the languages that people really seem to find less attractive. Half of the battle is singing in French really, isn't it?

No, I disagree.

His hit song ' She ' was sung in English and that was so seductive.

Totally agree with you Pat.

R.I.P.

Think that might have been a Terry Wogan reference?

I agree. I liked this letter published in the i yesterday:

'Although I understand ... that "Charles Aznavour was often compared with Sinatra", he was not the "French Sinatra". He was the French Aznavour. Much as I enjoyed the work of Sinatra, not all the world revolves around the US or Anglophone artists.'

---------- Post added 04-10-2018 at 23:22 ----------

I've heard Françoise Hardy sing in English, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, as well as her native French. To me, her appeal is equal in all of them.

Edited by horribleblob

I agree. I liked this letter published in the i yesterday:

'Although I understand ... that "Charles Aznavour was often compared with Sinatra", he was not the "French Sinatra". He was the French Aznavour. Much as I enjoyed the work of Sinatra, not all the world revolves around the US or Anglophone artists.'

---------- Post added 04-10-2018 at 23:22 ----------

I've heard Françoise Hardy sing in English, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, as well as her native French. To me, her appeal is equal in all of them.

And yet Kirsty MacColl sang in English, French and Spanish. Her Spanish was far from native, but it was very alluring

I think Charles had a much much better voice than Sinatra and was more talented with his beautiful songs he wrote himself.