'Bodyguard' on BBC 1 *May contain spoilers*

It was good. I was sure Julia was alive and would be in the last episode, got that wrong. If there is a second series they might bring her back, after all it is only fiction.

I did like Richard Madden who played David Budd, I think we might be seeing a bit more of him.

Didn’t expect Nadia to be the bomb maker, really good how her facial expressions changed, from being the oppressed wife to a proud jihadi, good acting on her part.

As opposed to when the sniper, on a roof 100 feet above street level managed to shoot through the side window of the car driving away from him in the next street. :D

thanks for the spoiler, I’ll not bother watching it now :roll:

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 19:32 ----------

Last episode last night, and a real corker. I was on the edge of my seat all the way through it.

Top quality drama from start to finish, (10,000,000 tuned in last night apparently..) Just shows what BBC is capable of, (as well as sumptuous Costume Drama.) So well done to all concerned!

Now talk of a second series.

I was watching it in the background and wasn’t following the story but I’ll watch it on catch up and I promise I’ll pay more attention this time.

---------- Post added 24-09-2018 at 19:35 ----------

The all-female heads of each department has really been upsetting the Gammons, who have been writing to The Daily Mail to complain!

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20180904/282699048005322

I'm not quite sure why, since we actually have a female Home Secretary and Chief of the Met Police.

If you're on Facebook, seek out the wonderful "Pointless Letters" group which features them.

i thought the Gammon would be more upset a white person was wearing a suicide vest !

I thought it was excellent but I don't think it needs a series 2 unless you're going bin the entire cast and start a completely different bodyguard in a completely different situation.

I thought it was excellent but I don't think it needs a series 2 unless you're going bin the entire cast and start a completely different bodyguard in a completely different situation.

I honestly thought a sniper would get him right at the very end. I was quite surprised at the 'happy' ending.

I'm never keen on second series following a great first series. They hardly ever live up to their promise.

thanks for the spoiler, I’ll not bother watching it now :roll:

That reminds me of a time when I was talking about the end of the Titanic film in front of possibly the only person on earth who didn't know that the boat sank at the end! :o

The last episode was a big let-down. Who put the vest on him? The woman confessing at the end was like something from Scooby Doo.

Binged, caught up.

Really enjoyed it,

coincidentally I've just watched '71 so it was a good contrast.

Just started watching Bodyguard, (three episodes last night) and I find it one of the best shows I've seen in a long time, though, admittedly, I don't watch much Telly. Just curious about the comment that some people will not watch because it's on BBC1. I am watching it on Netflix and they are claiming it as a "Netflix Original"..???? Just like to add that BBC dramas and comedies are highly regarded in Canada and the US.

---------- Post added 25-10-2018 at 23:48 ----------

That reminds me of a time when I was talking about the end of the Titanic film in front of possibly the only person on earth who didn't know that the boat sank at the end! :o

That actually happened to me in a funny way. I went into work after seeing Titanic at the cinema and was talking with some other British lads about it. We were all fans of the TV show "Boys from the black stuff". So I mentioned that Yosser was the Captain of the ship as it went down, and a lad from Belfast said " You mean the bloody thing sinks, well thanks for that" :)

Edited by Ontarian1981
To add a sentence.

I think most people who watched the first few episodes thought it was good. Just a shame they killed K Hawes off halfway through the series.

The last episode for me was a bit slow, but see what you think. Still enjoyed it.

Killing Eve was very good, I though it was better than the Bodyguard. keep your eyes open for it.

So I mentioned that Yosser was the Captain of the ship as it went down, and a lad from Belfast said " You mean the bloody thing sinks, well thanks for that" :)

Yep, that is typical Irish humour! :D