Lack of response from Julie Dore

Julie Dore news:

Female councillors install panic buttons after abuse

Coun Dore was whisked away to a safe house for four days and had police officers stationed outside her home for a fortnight after one terrifying episode.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/female-councillors-install-panic-buttons-after-abuse-1-9052637

Julie Dore news:

Female councillors install panic buttons after abuse

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/female-councillors-install-panic-buttons-after-abuse-1-9052637

The article mentions one injunction. I would hope that all online abusers are identified, and if their actions were threatening, then they should be charged.

Has anyone else tried to email Julie Dore regarding an issue. I emailed my local MP and they responded promptly, but as yet no response from the office of the leader of Sheffield City Council. I've heard horror stories from people who have had responses to queries that don't even relate to the topic that was initially put forward. I can't wait for the day when she loses as she is utterly useless.

Julie has answered a few points that I have enquired about ,although not always with the answer I wanted she has at least responded.

Save Our Trees :help:

https://labourlist.org/2018/09/local-labour-leaders-attack-tory-austerity-with-new-campaign/

I see Julie is not one of the signatories to the open petition, Councils against Austerity, i wonder why that is, such open letters, etc, can be gesture politics, but at least its a start.

She only appears when there is an opportunity to get her mugshot in the paper.

https://labourlist.org/2018/09/local-labour-leaders-attack-tory-austerity-with-new-campaign/

I see Julie is not one of the signatories to the open petition, Councils against Austerity, i wonder why that is, such open letters, etc, can be gesture politics, but at least its a start.

I could be wrong but I think shes getting ready to quit . She seems to be slipping more and more into the background lately

Only 24 Labour council leaders have signed - nigh on 100 haven't.

I could be wrong but I think shes getting ready to quit . She seems to be slipping more and more into the background lately

Ah she's got a few more trips to China left in her yet. There's a guy with some magic beans that has said he wants to get his hands on the Town Hall....

She only appears when there is an opportunity to get her mugshot in the paper.

Very similar to that bloke in your avatar then?

I agree.

I also wish more Sheffield people would attend council meetings and take the council to task over issues they disagree with. Anyone can attend and you can ask tabled questions, which the councillors have to reply to publicly. (Bit like question time.) Also write to your councillors, go to see them at their monthly surgeries, and keep on top of them. Take an interest.

We have to take local politics seriously, it affects everyone's daily life. If we don't, we will get what we deserve and they will get away with murder...

I wouldn't bother...

I attended a Council meeting in support of the well argued campaign for a pedestrian crossing on Hangingwater Road (a busy walking route to school).

After sitting through some pointless debate on whether to issue a statement criticising the role of the Indian army in Kashmir, I was amongst numerous people who tabled well argued questions and presented them in the public meeting.

What was the outcome?

They moaned there was no money (despite spending thousands on the crossing by the University).

Then blocked it by voting on party lines (LibDems for, Labour against).

Total joke, as some of the councillors admitted afterwards that they believed in our cause, but didn't feel able to publicly support us.

Not a single conviction politician amongst them...

They haven't yet twigged that the issue today is not Left vs Right...but Localism vs Globalism.

They should be actively supporting local people trying to make Sheffield a better place...instead they are just a student debating society.

we need to have this city on knife edge pardon the pun,because when labour have a clear lead ,they do what they want ,not what the people who elected them want,so vote lib/dem and you will find that if its close whoevers in power will work better for the public than it is now.

Some people have short memories. Lib dems? Under Scriven ... disastrous. And this is the party that gave us power hooker Clegg. Mr u-turn on tuition fees.

I wouldn't bother...

I attended a Council meeting in support of the well argued campaign for a pedestrian crossing on Hangingwater Road (a busy walking route to school).

After sitting through some pointless debate on whether to issue a statement criticising the role of the Indian army in Kashmir, I was amongst numerous people who tabled well argued questions and presented them in the public meeting.

What was the outcome?

They moaned there was no money (despite spending thousands on the crossing by the University).

AFAIK the crossing on Western Bank was part of the University Masterplan, funded by Sheffield University.