Chapeltown market

hi, i went to chap market this week and its so boring and not much there so i thought id ask what stalls people would like to have there :)

I remember in the 80's and early 90's this place was buzzing! you could get anything there

its been boring for the last 10 years, not enough custom so the stall holders go elsewhere

Its hopeless, I used to visit every week, but gave up a couple of years ago! I've no idea whats there now, but I used to like the 2nd hand clothes stall, the card stall, flower stall, book stall, bread stall, sweet stall amongst others. Even if a stall wasn't of interest, it was nice to walk round as it was so busy and you nearly always bumped into someone you knew.

I'd like to see different markets held on different days, not just the same old tat twice a week. Maybe 2nd hand clothes one day, flea market another day, craft market, and food market?

I havnt been there for years maybe 10-15.

What stalls are there then ?

I havnt been there for years maybe 10-15.

What stalls are there then ?

erm:huh:none worth talkin about

LOL chuffinhell is it that bad.

LOL chuffinhell is it that bad.
absolutely dire

if you like going to markets you'll be better off nipping on the train into barnsley, its quite good depending on which day you go & what your after

I've not been to Chapeltown market for years either, not a lover of markets but it used to be good years ago but not for a long time now. I wonder if it's the same woman on the sweet stall ?can't think ofher name now but she did it for quite a few years.

the sweet cabin is still there as well as the meat van i think. then there's a fruit n veg stall, a tatty jewellery/hair stuff stall and thats about it. think there might also be one clothes stall but it doesn't sell mu's the woman who sells table cloths/curtains and things like that. i remember when there used to loads of different stalls too it was ok for a small market but sadly times are hard. i think the only stall that does any decent trade is sweet shop before and after school! i wish the book stall was back there - used to find some right gems.

That's all that's there ! Is the egg stall still there ? There used to be loads of stalls and lots of clothes stalls, one selling household stuff such as domestos, washing up liquid etc.,which stood outside the club.