How not to write English- the HSBC way

The Bank tells me this:

We’re still working on fine-tuning the new platform to ensure we roll-out the changes in the best way possible to you. Once the fine-tuning is complete, we’ll let you know the start date of the pilot.

Way too many buzzwords! What’s wrong with saying:

We’re still preparing the changes so that they’re as good as possible. We’ll let you know when they start.

Assuming that the recipient has more than one GCSE is not a bad thing.

The Bank tells me this:

We’re still working on fine-tuning the new platform to ensure we roll-out the changes in the best way possible to you. Once the fine-tuning is complete, we’ll let you know the start date of the pilot.

We’re still preparing the changes so that they’re as good as possible. We’ll let you know when they start.

Sometimes in your posts you have a signature. It suggests you are a lawyer.

Irony?

The Bank tells me this:

The pedant in me would have preferred a semi colon between 'possible' and 'we'll'.

The Bank tells me this:

Sounds perfectly understandable to me both ways.

The pedant in me would have preferred a semi colon between 'possible' and 'we'll'.

Not sure if anyone requested a grammar check.

Not sure if anyone requested a grammar check.

That's literally the whole point of this thread....

I don't think that grammar was the actual point if the OP, just an over-wordy statement by HSBC.... tautology, iirc

I don't think that grammar was the actual point if the OP, just an over-wordy statement by HSBC.... tautology, iirc

This is the most pedantic thread ever - I approve!! :hihi:

The title was 'how not to write English...', so my comment did fit!

That's literally the whole point of this thread....

Nope, no one mentioned grammar. Its like someone saying look at the titanic what a disaster and a person saying, yes those door knobs should have been 1/2 inch higher according to regulations.

Edited by TimmyR