Turn an internal hgdd to a usb one?

Anyone know where I can pick one of these up for cheap? Maplins are expensive so i avoid them when I can

If anyone has one they can loan me for a few days or better yet sell me it would be a big help

Cheers.

What size case/HD would you require? 2.5" or 3.5"?

Ebay to the rescue

Got one on order for 4 quid :thumbsup:

Ebay to the rescue

Got one on order for 4 quid :thumbsup:

Be careful, if it was £4 then it will probably be for a laptop size drive which will be 2.5". Normal PC hard drives are 3.5" and for USB use they normally require a separate power supply as they work on 12V.

Be careful, if it was £4 then it will probably be for a laptop size drive which will be 2.5". Normal PC hard drives are 3.5" and for USB use they normally require a separate power supply as they work on 12V.

Cheers for the tip.

I just double checked it and it fits the 3.5". I have to power the hdd with a molex connector then plug the hard drive into my pc via the usb.

For 4 quid i know its a risk but thankfully the data im looking to transfer isnt important. In fact I dont even know whats on the hard drives. Im just nosy and want to find out :hihi:

---------- Post added 06-09-2017 at 03:28 ----------

Maybe not ideal if OP is in a hurry.

Thankfully Im not in a rush but it should be with me by Friday