Sign in to follow this  

Grenoside - thoughts?

Evening folks.

I'm interested in sounding people out on Grenoside. The eagle-eyed among you will note this is one of a few threads in which I have participated about areas of Sheffield, as our house-hunting continues, and one area we haven't previously considered is Grenoside (which is odd seeing as how sold we are on Oughtibridge).

I've exhausted the existing threads, and dosed up on Illustreets, RightMove, Zoopla, Police UK and other websites and, on the whole, I must say it seems quite an attractive proposition, but I don't have any first-hand experience of it hence me putting it out to you all to help. :)

Within Grenoside, are there better/worse parts? The Police website seems to indicate that Nether Avenue and thereabouts is one of the least crime-affected areas whilst there is a density of crimes (relative, of course!) around the junction of Main Street and Blacksmith Lane and Greno Close and also up near the chippy.

Any thoughts are most welcome, from where is best to live, to what bugs you about living there to what you like most about it, not forgetting of course the good old recommendations for a local!

Thanks in advance, folks.

Edited by Astraeus