Velux window sizes

Had a roofing quote recently where a new velux window would be 5ft x 5ft. Now to me this seems huge and would take up a very sizable portion of the roof space. I don't mind this because we have a good view. A concern would be though it would be possible to fall out of as I think at that size the bottom edge would be quite low down. I've done a brief google search but I cant seem to find this size. Has anyone else seen a velux in this size and if so does anyone have a model number so I can look it up and see what it looks like?

cheers

Google velux window sizes and it will be 1500/1500 on the chart hope this helps.

Google velux window sizes and it will be 1500/1500 on the chart hope this helps.

thanks for that ill have a look :)

Hi no matter what size velux it should be fitted at a height from floor where it's not possible to fall out off and as for fitting one that size all joists should be strengthened and bolted to take the weight off the window . If you google velux they will send a brochure off all windows they do .hope this helps .or call to any roofing supplys and they keep them on counters

Edited by jnm roofing
missed something